Salus Interviews?

Guest jesse0081

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Guys--How long after your applications were mailed did you hear from Salus?

I sent my application out in June and just received the letter about 3 weeks ago. I heard back a while ago about my intentions of getting more experience and updated grades but that was it.

For the people who are interviewing. I'm interviewing tomorrow and I just realized i forgot the info letter that had the time listed. I put it in my phone as 9 though, can anyone confirm this. Also, are we just meeting at the campus main entrance? Thanks in advance

Yep, 9 AM and it just says "upon arrival to the Elkins Park campus" so I assume just the front entrance of the school? See you tomorrow!

Yep, 9 AM and it just says "upon arrival to the Elkins Park campus" so I assume just the front entrance of the school? See you tomorrow!

There is a security dude that sits at a desk at the entrance, he can tell you where to go. If all else fails admissions is in the hall on the right, first door on the right.

I have an interview on the 13th, so I'm pretty excited. But I've never been to Philly before. I have a friend that is going to Optometry school there right now and he says he loves it. I'm kind of nervous and scared at the same time, so can anyone tell me what they thought of the campus and the surrounding area. I'm more considering my wife and two kids' safety than anything else because they'll probably be by themselves a lot of the time. So, if anyone can help me out with this I would really appreciate it.

Guest jesse0081

I wouldn't really say it is in Philly. It's in a nice little town called Elkins Park. It's not a university town at all. You wouldn't expect a college or university to be there when you drive in the area. It is very safe, but North Philly is maybe 10 mintues away, which is the worst part of Philly. It's kind of weird because you have Elkins Park, Jenkintown, Abington, etc so close to North Philly, but they're very very nice little towns. Abington was recently in the "top 100 places to live", and it's literally 2 minutes from campus. They're very family friendly towns with lots of stuff in the area (including Willow Grove mall maybe 10 minutes down the road). So don't worry about it...you and your family would love it.

I wouldn't really say it is in Philly. It's in a nice little town called Elkins Park. It's not a university town at all. You wouldn't expect a college or university to be there when you drive in the area. It is very safe, but North Philly is maybe 10 mintues away, which is the worst part of Philly. It's kind of weird because you have Elkins Park, Jenkintown, Abington, etc so close to North Philly, but they're very very nice little towns. Abington was recently in the "top 100 places to live", and it's literally 2 minutes from campus. They're very family friendly towns with lots of stuff in the area (including Willow Grove mall maybe 10 minutes down the road). So don't worry about it...you and your family would love it.

Alright! Thanks a ton. Just reading that makes me feel loads better about coming out there. I don't want to sound errogant but I've already been accepted to a school in Vegas which is a good school but not a place I want to go. So I'm really hoping that I enjoy my experience there in Elkins Park and am accepted. But thanks a lot for the help, I do appreciate it.

Congrats P11sc! Hows the campus and faculty?! I am still waiting to hear about an interview... ahhh!

Thanks everyone! The campus is very small and VERY nice, especially the entrance. They also just had this huge state of the art athletic center built which is also very nice. Its a newer program so everything is brand spanking new. The gross anatomy lab is very impressive with HD camcorders hanging from the ceiling and plasma TV's on the walls so you could see what other groups are up to. The entire lab is dedicated specifically to PA students, so you're not getting med student's sloppy seconds. The faculty were the nicest that I had interviews with and the professor was very welcoming of interviewees sitting in for her class. All of the students that participated in the interviews were also very nice and very willing to answer questions. Also the program director was awesome. Their first graduating class just had a 100% first time PANCE pass rate so congrats to them. You will absolutely love the program. I have actually cancelled my remaining interviews because I do not want to go anywhere else. Good Luck to the rest of you, dont stress out about the interviews as they are 1 on 1 and really layed back, felt more like a conversation.

Thanks everyone! The campus is very small and VERY nice, especially the entrance. They also just had this huge state of the art athletic center built which is also very nice. Its a newer program so everything is brand spanking new. The gross anatomy lab is very impressive with HD camcorders hanging from the ceiling and plasma TV's on the walls so you could see what other groups are up to. The entire lab is dedicated specifically to PA students, so you're not getting med student's sloppy seconds. The faculty were the nicest that I had interviews with and the professor was very welcoming of interviewees sitting in for her class. All of the students that participated in the interviews were also very nice and very willing to answer questions. Also the program director was awesome. Their first graduating class just had a 100% first time PANCE pass rate so congrats to them. You will absolutely love the program. I have actually cancelled my remaining interviews because I do not want to go anywhere else. Good Luck to the rest of you, dont stress out about the interviews as they are 1 on 1 and really layed back, felt more like a conversation.

Thanks a lot. I have an interview next Friday and have been really nervous. From what you have said about the school along with what other people are telling me as well, I'm really excited. Hopefully I can be accepted to the program and meet you there.

Archived