I am a new grad and am about to send in all my paperwork for NC licensing. How long does it usually take in NC? I am hoping it will take a shorter time since it's past the "hump" of all the new grads in May/June. I have been hired by a hospital, and this is basically the "rate limiting" step. I want to start ASAP, and need to look at renting a house, but this is all going to depend on when all the paperwork goes through for my license. Anyone have any thoughts?

have you visited NCMB website yet? Just make sure that all of your paperwork are in correct format, completed, and submitted to their website. They will contact you if information are missing or need corrected. Expect several weeks to a month once everything is completed to get your license.

Yes, I have most of the paperwork filled out, it will all be sent early this week. They said to expect 8 weeks for the fingerprints and background check, which I was hoping would not be the case!

It's funny that you work for Wake Forest, that's who hired me!

Yes, I have most of the paperwork filled out, it will all be sent early this week. They said to expect 8 weeks for the fingerprints and background check, which I was hoping would not be the case!

It's funny that you work for Wake Forest, that's who hired me!

Archived