MedExpress

• 3 months later...

Insanity, It occasionally does get a little crazy there as far as # of patients per day but I always leave with a smile on my face.

Benefits include, in no order of importance:

always snacks at the clinics and beverages

7 days of unavailability each month without taking pto

No ceiling to how much you can make (if you want to work 20 shifts per month you can)

Bonus pay over a certain # of shifts per month

I have been there only a short period of time and have already received a raise and possible bonus

mileage pay

CME with yearly increase

you can be treated (and your family) for free at any Medexpress in the country.

5% 401k match immediately

Good insurance effective immediately

I could go on, I love my job. Especially as a new graduate I couldn't have gotten a better opportunity.

Insanity, It occasionally does get a little crazy there as far as # of patients per day but I always leave with a smile on my face.

No ceiling to how much you can make (if you want to work 20 shifts per month you can)

I have been there only a short period of time and have already received a raise and possible bonus

mileage pay

CME with yearly increase

I could go on, I love my job. Especially as a new graduate I couldn't have gotten a better opportunity.

Thank you for clarifying. This is amazing.

mileage pay

CME with yearly increase

How many is "crazy". and what are the hours per shift/ how many shifts per month are full time?

Full time for traveler I believe was 13 shifts/month but I chose to be paid at the 14/month as the salary was more. If I work over 15.5 shifts per month I get paid time and a half.

Number of patients seen depends on which clinic you're at. Usually averaging 30 patients daily in 12 hours. The most I've seen was 48. Coverage is always a physician, if the clinic sees over 30 daily they will add a PA, if they are averaging over 60 pts daily they will add a 2nd PA. It doesn't always work out perfect, but they try to predict how busy we will be. At the "busy clinic" we will sometimes have a doctor, 2 all day PAs and a PA for a half day but that clinic will usually see 120/daily (some of these are DOT and Occ Med).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy with my position. I am due to get a pretty sizable bonus in April. I could have never imagined getting a raise and a bonus being within the company for 8 months. Western PA does pay less for Physicians and PAs due to oversaturation (we have 5-6 PA schools in Pittsburgh and in an hour radius,brought estimate) and UPMC dominates the market - they own everything.

• 8 months later...

mileage pay

CME with yearly increase

First time poster (hi :D)

I know this is an old post melhhn but I just wanted to expand on EMEDPA's inquiry. I am a new graduate myself and I was just offered a job (first offer FINALLY) at a local MedExpress here in FL. I would like to know how your experience was when you first started. For example, the relationship with your MD and if you were floated to other regional centers away from your "home" location and your relationships with those providers.

I really appreciate any info!

Archived