Applicants for 2012 start!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I got rejected today as well and my stats were similar. I guess we can't lose hope! If you wouldn't mind, let me know if you get offered any interviews, I'll keep my hope alive thru you hahaha.

Oh and for those of you who were asking about the GRE, I didn't even get the chance to submitt my scores before I was rejected. So I'm not sure if that means they're really important and to have them in early or they don't even care about them.

dhemple and eec130, when did you guys submit your application? Mine was mailed July 8th and I received an e-mail from them stating they received my application, but I haven't heard anything about an interview or rejection. My understanding of the GRE was that it was only required once you were accepted to the program. So, if you haven't taken it yet, you could wait until you were accepted. Is this not correct?

I actually got an interview invite for October 8th I believe.

what are your stats? ... also i think its important to ask, that apart from good stats (which im sure you have since u got an interview) did you have anything in your application that you think makes you stand out from others? good stats simply just dont seem enough to gain admission.... i just submitted my caspa - feel like ive dne so really late, but lets just hope for the best..

• 2 weeks later...

i had a really pleasant conversation with rackover recently and he basically stated that the later you submit the slimmer your chances are at getting in. he had a brief look at the placement of my application which was received around 9/10... he said that their are approx 200-300 applications before mine, plus the interview slots are filling up quickly bc they usually get 1500+ applicants....just hope for the best, but definitely have back up! this school.

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my CASPA application August 15th and it was sent out August 26th. I received a confirmation email from Phila U on August 29th that they received my application but I have not heard anything back yet. About how long did it take before you guys heard anything? I just hate this waiting process!!

Guest askyoulc

I submitted my application to CASPA on June 22th which was then mailed on July 8th. Philadelphia U acknowledged receipt on July 12th and I got an interview invitation on Aug 27th. So I guess 2 months? Don't lose hope!

Archived