Haven't been able to find info online, but my parents were at the Royal Victoria in Belfast last month and upon hearing that I was a PA, my grandmothers doctor and nurse told them that they had PA's working there. My folks seemed pretty clear that they didn't mean nurses, or medical assistants. I grew up in Belfast, and I'd love to hear if the profession has made it over to Ireland yet.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Ive been in dublin for 6 months and no one knows or understands what a PA-C is. I was unable to find work in the states for over a year and once the bank took everything i owned. I thought PA school was a good investment. I am sure I was wrong

There has to be more to this story. Were you unwilling to move?

Kind of a mixed bag to report.

There MIGHT be something in the future for the ROI, IF you have significant surgical experience (3-5 years). Currently, there are revisions being made to their surgical workforce plans.

Otherwise, there is NO chance in EM, as they have recently revised their national EM plan and have moved to a NP model. (I spoke at EM conference about the role of EMPAS in Dublin in June and it was apparent that there would be NO further discussion around PAs and EM.)

Primary care seems less than anxious --for now-- to consider PAs.

• 1 month later...

i moved for work and then lost my job, then I moved back into my house I was renting, and went to work in my hometown. Then that clinic told me I was loosing 1.50 on each patient bc they were all medicare / medicade. I was let go. I didnt want to move away from home again, and I didnt just loose the house and the car, I lost a marriage, a dog and my friends ashes. It was devistating.

• 8 months later...

Archived