"Independent" Practice question....

I was wondering if some of you "in the know" can help a brotha out.

I was offered a gig where I would go to an office and provide primary care/Occ med to their employees 2 days a month. I presented to my SP and he's not willing to do it. My question is, would i be able to go out on my own, hire a MD/DO to do the 5% chart review, and take this gig? I wasnt really interested but they made it very attractive. If so, what would it entail legally. They offered to take care of all expenses.

you could, try to find a doc that will do it for a flat fee and then you have to have your own mal practice insurance - claims made start at about 1300 and mature at about 4500 for basic medicine - might still be do-able as long as you can find a doc willing to supervise....

Thanks guys for the responses.

So if i find a SP to review my charts, and am able to afford the insurance, I should be good? Anyone with experience dealing with this stuff in Cali? I have read that here a PA cannot own more than 49% of a practice. I think I am more worried about the legality of it. The offer is VERY lucrative but I think it may be more than I bargained for.

Archived