2011 - 2012 Application Cycle

So sad man. Back to another year of school and extra curriculars to boost up the stats/resume. See you all next year.

Keep working hard bro, if it makes you feel better this is my 3rd year applying, 2nd interview. And if for some reason I dont get it in from the wait list, ill be back next yr as well.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep working hard bro, if it makes you feel better this is my 3rd year applying, 2nd interview. And if for some reason I dont get it in from the wait list, ill be back next yr as well.

this is only my first time applying but I have been trying to make up for the four years I slacked off doing my undergrad... So even though I havent applied as many times as you have I have been doing my post bach for three years now so I kinda understand how you feel. Well I do hope that you get in and hopefully I will just see you next year on campus. :=D:

Well, I'm a student in PA12 and I have absolutely no regrets. I must confess that I have had a lot of experience handling patients before I joined. I'm on my way out with above-average grades. The key is to remain low-key and focused on the GOAL, i.e., to get a PA-C from an accredited university. I must also comment that my year (PA13) seems to have been the worst hit of all the years ever. My junior year (PA13) seems to be enjoying the ride. Its best to come prepared with up-to-date knowledge: I'd advise you to take refresher courses in Anatomy, Biochemistry & Pharmacology; 3 subjects that rattle students the most every year. All PA programs expect their students to come somewhat prepared. And new extremely knowledgeable Faculty ARE being inducted; you'll find Brian S a walking encyclopedia ..

tourohopeful108, thank you so much for the encouraging words. I really appreciate it. I have been so stressed about these comments. How would you say your clinical rotations are going? Do you feel adequately prepared? Are you getting to "be the PA"? Thanks for all the info you can give. You have no idea how much this has eased my mind. And thanks for the tips about pre-studying.

The curriculum is standard. After all, it is geared to make you a good clinician and a good PA. If you can overlook the faults and foibles of the PA Faculty (i.e., the PAs who are also Faculty), you'll do well. Before classes begin, you will be assigned student mentors, i.e., students from PA13 who will give you all the notes etc. Make sure to utilize them. Also, make sure you ask for tutors in the subjects that you aren't doing well in. And above all, come prepared with the Basics, i.e., Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry & Pharmacology. The rotations are your luck. The majority of people get good rotations. The unlucky few cannot get along well with the preceptors. Don't let negative remarks deter you; most programs are the same. And the 1st generation of Army PAs are gradually retiring to be replaced by civilian PA Faculty. Yes, it does seem that the PA12s were the most hard hit; the PA11s have done exceedingly well: I've heard that 14% (7 people) in PA11 scored 100% in PANCE; pass rate was 92%, i.e. 47 people out of 51 passed.

Archived