Urgent care offer

Just thought I post this offer I recieved from a local urgent care for your entertainment.

Part time urgent care

$40/hr as a 1099 employee. No benefits. Must carry own malpractice insurance. Employer wont provide since not fulltime.

Also which was wasnt that big of a deal and didn't mind at all. Would have also had to act as a preceptor for local np students.

What state is this in?

I heard of new grads in So Cal taking offers of $40 an hour in various specialties.. kind of got me frustrated to hear that being I'm 2 months from graduation myself..

My last rotation was a at an UC. I was told by the PA/NPs there that the pay was about $45 an hour ($90k annually) [not sure how that works out mathematically] working 3 days a week daytime only w/ health (kaiser HMO) and malpractice insurance along with precepting local PA / NP students. 

Just went onto indeed and found a number of job postings in family practice offering $60-$70 an hour about 20 minutes from the urgent care that I rotated at. People are going to keep offering $40 if there are people willing to take that price. I would wish people stop taking the pay cuts, it really devalues our profession.. 

http://www.getamedjob.com/search/viewListing/id/353612/recruiter/0000005753/ref/091515?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

that is because people are taking it....

band together all the classmates and other programs and demand a higher rate.......

Band together? Great now we are promoting unionization as a profession. Lets all picket outside the office with our chants "Assisting ain't free, or else we LEAVE. Assisting ain't free, or else we LEAVE!"

Archived