2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all! I interviewed at NYIT last year and was offered a spot, but declined due to getting into my first choice. I just wanted to make myself available if any of you have any questions about the interview day or interviews in general. I'd be happy to offer any tips/advice and help! Good luck!

Hey I am a grad from the program...graduated in 2014. Any questions you can post them here or shoot me a message. Regarding when you will hear about invites for interview, it depends when their deadline is over. I had applied September and got called for an interview in January(this was back in 2011) and the deadline was in december, not sure if they have changed it. 

So sorry to hear about the denials that stinks especially since i thought we wouldnt hear back until after october. For those denied were your gpas below the minimum requirment? I went to an info session at NYIT and they said they would not even look at an application where the gpa was below the requirement

I received the denial too, which is interesting because when I had called, they specifically said they won't start reviewing any applications until after the October deadline.. And my denial was dated for Fall 2015, anyone else?

Caught the error, first denial email was for Fall 2015, second was for Fall 2016. They must have copied and pasted the previous year's letter.  

So sorry to hear about the denials that stinks especially since i thought we wouldnt hear back until after october. For those denied were your gpas below the minimum requirment? I went to an info session at NYIT and they said they would not even look at an application where the gpa was below the requirement

Not below the minimum (at least not to my knowledge), but low due to poor undergrad performance: Overall 3.16, science 3.47, BCP 3.87

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is really strange. This is from their website "No, we do not practice rolling admissions or early admissions. Candidates should e-submit their applications by October 1. Decisions for interviews and admission into the program will be made after the deadline has passed, to allow all candidates an equal opportunity to be evaluated. However, please note that even if the e-submit deadline has been met, CASPA may still be prevented from processing your application if all the required documents are not received in a timely manner. It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that CASPA receives the documents." I would email them to make sure there wasn't a mistake!! This is concerning because I wanted to apply there :(

I also received a denial email.  First email received Aug 28th stating that they received my application and the second email Aug 31st saying that they were sorry they couldn't offer me a seat. I didn't even get an interview, I thought the word "seat" was strange but its my first year applying so maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Thank you for applying to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program at New York Institute of Technology for the Fall 2016 semester.

We are very sorry to inform you that we are unable to offer you a seat in our next incoming class.  An official notice of this decision will be mailed from the NYIT Admissions Office to your address on record.

In the necessary process of narrowing down our large and very competitive pool of applicants, we are forced to turn away many applicants of great potential.  To assist in our evaluation, we employ a rubric that scores applicants based on their academics, letters of recommendation, the quantity and quality of their health care experiences, and their reasons for wanting to become a Physician Assistant (gauged from their personal narratives).  These scores are highly relative, therefore we are not able to pinpoint any one aspect of your application as being the basis of our decision.

Please know that our decision is in no way a reflection of your potential to pursue a rewarding career in the medical field.  We hope you will continue to pursue your goal, and we are confident that your perseverance and hard work will result in many successes.  For further information regarding our decision process, please visit http://www.nyit.edu/physician_assistant_studies/faqs/.

Again, please accept our sincere regret that we are not able to provide you with a positive response. We are honored that you applied to our program and wish you only the best in your future endeavors.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived