CASPA turn around time

just called them..said first time they will mail out apps is in mid june..im pissed bc i submitted so early..i should've got this semesters grades on my transcripts!

same here! i'm getting really good grades this semester too... oh well. i just wish i would've known. 2 of the schools i applied to have august 1 deadlines. they'll probably be almost full by the time they even get y app. :(

Well it does warn you in the FAQ:

• Q: How early should I start the application process?

A: APPLY EARLY! Submitting your materials early will ensure timely processing and help avoid delays. Generally, it takes 7–10 business days for items such as transcripts, paper references, or mailed payments to be received by CASPA from the date they are mailed. Once your application is considered COMPLETE, it can take up to FOUR WEEKS for it to be processed and mailed to your programs. To ensure your application is mailed on time, ALL MATERIALS should arrive at CASPA four weeks prior to your earliest deadline. PLEASE NOTE: CASPA mailings do not begin until JUNE of each application cycle. Applications completed and verified during April and May will not be sent to schools until the mailings start in June. After that, applications are mailed once a week.

That said, however, I agree; its still beneficial to get in early. You can always send in updated transcripts to your programs directly once you've finished your spring grades.

I submitted my application on Monday at 10am and it was verified by 1pm the same day. I am a first time applicant. Maybe those that took a little longer were because they did not enter their course work exactly the way it appears on their transcripts?? That may hold up the process.

Wow, I am kind of surprised they would wait until mid June. Makes me feel like a moron for trying to get everything submitted in April. As for turn around, I submitted mine that night and was verified the following day. But I am also a re-applicant. I was also careful to put everything exactly as it appeared. That's what I get for not reading the full FAQ.... :=D:

• 4 weeks later...

I got an email today from Emory saying they received my application from CASPA. Has anyone else received similar notifications from other programs? My app status is still "verified" on CASPA but I thought that might change once it was electronically sent and/or snail mailed.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

The status does change to mailed when it "officially" goes out. However, once you are verified, all of your programs can see your app online. Some choose to review them that way prior to any electronic or paper "mailing."

Thanks for clarifying. I called CASPA today and it sounds like the first batch mailing will be this week. YEAY!

Does anyone know about how long until we know about secondary apps/interviews after this first batch is sent this Friday? I, too, have had mine verified for quite some time, just waiting for CASPA to send them out

That is something you need to ask each school.

most schools give you access to the supplemental app on their website...I had all mine filled out and sent in before my CASPA was mailed. some schools like to review your CASPA and if you meet the requirements they send you access to the supplemental...as stated above you should check with the program...same with interview invites...scohols that perate on a rolling admission contact sooner than programs that wait until after deadlines to review apps

Does anyone know about how long until we know about secondary apps/interviews after this first batch is sent this Friday? I, too, have had mine verified for quite some time, just waiting for CASPA to send them out

Archived