2015-2016 Cycle

Still have yet to hear of an interview invite. Are they still conducting interviews or should I give up hope

I understand your feelings related to lack of response regarding interviews, but the cycle is still in process (most schools are processing applications and conducting interviews into January and some into February) and there may be options available with the schools you applied to. No one who is an applicant will be able to answer your question definitively. I have received three interview invitations and I'm still planning out my Plan B option for next year as a precaution for not being accepted during this cycle.

I would advise instead of asking others whether or not they think you should keep hoping, you should begin planning the Plan B course of action for the upcoming year, so that you can improve on your application for the next cycle. Then if an interview comes through for you in this cycle, you have an interview! If one does not, you have a game plan and strategy for improving your package for the next application cycle.

ETA: Also, I would recommend selecting the top five programs you would love to attend that you applied to this cycle. Inquire with an individual at the program who is on the adcomm the reason for the rejection and how best to improve your application packet for the upcoming cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my letter from Midwestern, postmarked on Dec. 17, informing me I have been placed on the alternate list. (Had my interview Dec. 11.) Anyone have some insight as to how many people are usually moved off the wait list and accepted into the class?

Same. I believe Ms. Liddle said that 2/3 of their incoming class is from the waitlist due to declines of acceptances, so that would  be between 55–60, but as the letter says the number fluctuates with each year. I've called Ms. Liddle to find out if the waitlist is ranked or unranked.

Same. I believe Ms. Liddle said that 2/3 of their incoming class is from the waitlist due to declines of acceptances, so that would be between 55–60, but as the letter says the number fluctuates with each year. I've called Ms. Liddle to find out if the waitlist is ranked or unranked.

What did they say about the wait list being ranked/unranked?

Ms. Liddle was out, and the guy who answered the phone was not willing to give a definitive answer because he was unsure. He said he would have her call me this week, when she returned to the office.

I just spoke with Ms. Liddle. The alternate list is unranked, and everyone is reviewed when the committee meets after each interview session. From the rest of the conversation, I can only say that it appears to me that at the end of the cycle, the waitlist may be unofficially ranked, but she said they would be unable to notify anyone of their exact placement on the alternate list. So basically, it is a waiting game until their classes start, at which point you can safely assume you are not being pulled from the alternate list.

Hello all! I interviewed 11/6 and was accepted 17 days later. My GRE score was not good. Below the 50th percentile. I am a little bit older of a student, had a good GPA, and lots of patient contact time so I think that helped! Hope that helps give some of you all with low GRE scores hope! I accepted and paid my deposit so I will be part of the class of 2018! Can't wait to meet everyone!

• 1 month later...

For all of you waiting, don't lose hope. I was in the very first interview of this cycle (August 14th I think), and I just heard yesterday that I was accepted. I'm now debating between a few schools. They are definitely pulling applicants from the waitlist, so be patient

Good luck to all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was also recently accepted off of the alternate list and I interviewed in August. I already accepted another offer at another program. I haven't decided yet what I am going to do. Just wanted to let you guys know that if you're on the alternate list there may still be hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived