2015-2016 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hey sambulance13,

What did you put for the "defficiences in your app" question for MWU on CASPA? Are they looking for anything in particular like prereqs to be completed?

I didn't put anything there. I've finished all of the necessary prereqs so I don't know what else they would want to know. 

The faculty here are extremely supportive and available. They have an open-door policy, so that you can basically stop by and ask questions whenever. All the teachers are very receptive to answering the smallest of questions through email- and one teacher so far has given us her number to call or text her. Every week they having counseling sessions that you can attend- it's more of a group seminar thing. They have different topics each week to help you transition to life in graduate school, study skills, balancing family and class, finances, etc. Everyone is assigned an advisor randomly. If something goes wrong you go see them about it. i.e. if you have a sudden death in the family, you could literally just email them and they would take care of everything with your teachers for you. If you do badly on a single test though, they are going to send you e-mails about it and want to meet with you. They do have your best interest at heart. Also, more randomly- we were having problems with the room we were in (the lights kept flickering). We told the director of the PA program, and she immediately had the class relocated. I feel like most schools would not have even cared, so that was nice.

Being a PA-1, I can't really say how supportive the school is while finding jobs. They do have a job board where I can find open jobs, but when I briefly looked at it, it seemed to be only in the area around the school. I'm from out of state, so that doesn't help. I have heard that most people are offered a job by one of their rotation sites and have a job lined up at graduation. The PANCE rate is really high here, too. They will help us prep for that when the time comes.

How do you like being in a large class? I know a lot of programs have smaller class sizes (20-40) and they love how close they are to their professors and class mates. Does being in a larger class change that? What are the advantages and disadvantages? If you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived