Emory Application Cycle 2015-2016

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi folks,

I'm Conor and Emory is - by far - my dream school to attend (and not just because my initials are CDC!). I applied to the Rollins School of Public Health last fall, was accepted to the Global Health track, and deferred my acceptance to Aug 2016 in order to do the dual degree MPH/PA (accidentally did it backwards!).

Any dual-degree hopefuls out there that have been offered their PA interview yet?? My CASPA was verified in early July and I'm getting anxious! I'm wondering if dual applicants are treated any differently... does the PA program take longer to get back to us for some reason? Any insight is appreciated.

With crossed fingers,

-Conor D. Cahalan

Found out I was wait listed. Anyone else from the 9/11 hear back? I hope at least one of us from that day got it, everyone was a such a good candidate! :)

It was explained to me that Emory is still waiting on getting 3/4 of their applications from CASPA. Guessing some students haven't pressed submit yet or CASPA is being glitchy. Apparently, they haven't received as many finished apps as they thought they would, so they do expect to interview well into the end of the year. For us who are wait listed, we should expect to hear back in January for status updates. I was accepted to another program that starts in January though. Decisions, decisions..... Good luck to those who are in a similar boat! 

I am so excited to be able to write... I got accepted into Emory! :)  For those who have interviews coming up, best of luck! It is so relaxed and a great interview experience.

CASPA verified: July 9

Emory confirmed receipt of application: July 13

Emory emailed that application was under review: July 14

Invitation to interview emailed: Aug 6

Interview date: Sept 11

Date notified accepted: Sept 15

I am so excited to be able to write... I got accepted into Emory! :) For those who have interviews coming up, best of luck! It is so relaxed and a great interview experience.

Congrats you guys! I think I remember you, jolui, from the interview. You're going to be an awesome PA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I interviewed on Monday and it was as relaxed as could be expected in an interview situation. I'm happy to say I got an acceptance call on Tuesday!   Anyone else that interviewed on 9/14 hear anything?  Everyone was so great I don't know how they make their decisions.   

yay! Congrats! Welcome to the emory family!

• 2 weeks later...

Vannoyjt, would you mind saying when your application was verified 100% by CASPA and when you received the email from Emory stating that they had received and were reviewing your application? I'm trying to decide was the weeks pass what my chances for an interview are, and I know the closer it gets to the end the smaller they get! Thanks for any help. Everyone else up the chain has said that the interview was very relaxed and almost enjoyable!

Does anyone know if it would be okay to call and ask about the status of my application? I haven't heard anything about an interview but Emory's dual PA/MPH is my top choice and I want to know if I should proceed with the SOPHAS portion.

Hey!

I am a dual/degree first year in the PA/MPH program. That means I currently in the MPH aspect of the program (I am Behavior Science and Health Education track) if you have any specific questions about Rollins School of Public Health I can help you with that. 

You may have already received some follow up, but unless you're completing SOPHAS for other programs that have an earlier deadline, there is no huge rush on submitting that. I did not complete my SOPHAS until I knew I was accepted into the PA program. Although it is nice to just get it done. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other MPH/PA questions, I can try and help.

Best,

Julie Jablonski

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to all that have been accepted and offered interviews. I will be interviewing on 11/6. could anyone offer feedback, advice, and comment on the writing sample?

Thank you

Hey Vannoyjt, I'll be interviewing on the same day as you. Congrats! It's so long to wait, but from what I hear it will be completely worth it!

From what I've heard about the writing sample, it's low-key, more so they have a sample of your writing style to compare with your personal statement and verify that you actually wrote the narrative you submitted.

If anyone has more insight or heard something else, feel free to chime in. Looking forward to Nov 6th!

Oh and...

E-submitted & supplemental completed: 6/11/15

Verified: 7/13/15 (delayed, issue with CASPA sending test scores)

Offered interview: 9/25/15

Interview date: 11/06/15

Hope this all helps! See ya on Nov 6th Vannoyjt!

-Conor (PA/MPH dual hopeful)

I am so excited to be able to write... I got accepted into Emory! :)  For those who have interviews coming up, best of luck! It is so relaxed and a great interview experience.

Hi Jolui, can you provide a brief summary of your stats (i.e, hours, GPA, GRE score)? Thank you!

Has anyone that received an acknowledgment of a complete application in August received any news? I'm trying to figure out an approximate timeline... Thank you in advance and hope to see you all at interviews!

Hey rgrant12! They told me to allow for 5-6 weeks processing time in the email I received once they had everything that completed my application. If it's been that length of time for you already, they may be behind on decision making for applications completed around that date. Its good to know they at least have everything for review. There are a couple of Emory PA students that posted in this forum. I would message one of them and ask if they've heard if the admissions committee is behind or not. Good luck!

Very happy to say I recieved an acceptance call today! I was at the 10/2 interview and was very impressed by everyone I met that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Congrats!!!  I interviewed on 10/02 as well, everyone from our group really was very impressive.  I was thrilled to receive an acceptance yesterday as well.  I can't wait to join the Emory family, it seems like a fantastic place to be.   See you in August!

Archived