Emory Application Cycle 2015-2016

Hey everyone! Anyone interviewing this Friday 1/22 or any current students looking to hang out with some interviewees?  PApath76 and I will be meeting up for dinner at 6pm this Thursday so we have a friendly face on interview day!  If anyone else is interested in meeting up with us, message me and I'll give you the details! Thanks!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would too, anyone staying nearby? 

Hey there... I sent you a PM with my cell number... Couple of us interviewees are meeting for an early dinner on Thursday night 1/21. Text me if you would like to join us!

I did my undergrad here, it's such an amazing institution! I know we're all worthy of a seat. So excited!  :)

They want to find out who you are beyond the resume. Be open, honest, and let them get to know you. (This goes for any program) I promise it will be the most relaxed and comfortable interview you have experienced. They will ask some of the stereotypical questions and some of their own unique ones that you'll have fun with ;) As for student housing availability, we all enjoy having interviewees stay with us and show around campus/ATL! When you get your interview invite email, you should have contact information to email back and request if there is availability to stay with a current student. I wish you all the best of luck!

I second all of this! You've already met the requirements to get into a program on paper. They are looking to put together a cohesive group of people (since you will be together A LOT). Remember you are interviewing the program as much as they are interviewing you. Just be yourself and make sure to obtain as much information as you need to make an informed decision should you be offered a place. 

Just FYI: This was the most laid back interview that I had last year. I had some tough ones. It was an accurate representation of how the program is once you are accepted. They just want you to be successful.

Hey everyone! Anyone interviewing this Friday 1/22 or any current students looking to hang out with some interviewees?  PApath76 and I will be meeting up for dinner at 6pm this Thursday so we have a friendly face on interview day!  If anyone else is interested in meeting up with us, message me and I'll give you the details! Thanks!

Details, details... Dinner at 6:00PM on Thursday 1/21 at Slice and Pint in Emory Village. All are welcome, interviewees and current students. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Does anyone know if they are still giving out interviews? I haven't heard back anything from them, and when I emailed them in December about a job update they said "no final decision has been made. You will be notified through email as soon as a final decision has been made." 

So I am unsure as to what this means for me, I haven't gotten a rejection email yet.

Congrats to those accepted!!! Welcome to the Emory family! There is a Emory class of 2018 FB. Please feel free to friend me once you make you're way there. If you have any questions let me know! I'm a student in the class of 2016, so you prob won't see to much of me once you start, but I know the Class of 2017'ers are awesome and super helpful!!! For those waitlisted, don't lose faith! There were people in my class, and the class of 2017 that came off the wait list. 

Best,

Megan

I just received an email from Kaye stating that I could attend one of the "file review" meetings in March. Are they done with their interviews? Does this email suggest that my chances being picked from the wait list are slim? Does anyone have any ideas?

During our interviews on Wednesday 2/10, Allan stated that Friday 2/12 was the last day of interviews. That is all I know. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived