FCCS Online

Hey all,

I have been considering doing an FCCS class for sometime and just realized that there is an online version.

To those who have gone through a live class, do you think you learned a lot from the patient cases/skills that would make an in person class better?

I am also curious if anyone has actually done the online class and what your thoughts were on the quality of the course.

I am not doing this class for CME as I have way more than I need, but more to get better at managing critical patients in a rural ED.

I have done the live course twice. frankly, I can't see this course given online as the meat of the course is the lectures from the various critical care folks talking about sepsis, pressors, airway management, vents, trauma in pregnancy, antibiotic selections, etc

My live course experience was over a decade ago.

FCCC was just getting off the ground.

Overall it was a rehash of ATLS, ACLS and ventilator management.

Very little hands on skill stations.

I would assume that has changed and been improved upon.

Take the live class, because of the skills.

If you have extra $$ take the online first, then you will be very well prepared for the live class.

Good luck.

G Brothers PA-C

My live course experience was over a decade ago.

FCCC was just getting off the ground.

Overall it was a rehash of ATLS, ACLS and ventilator management.

Very little hands on skill stations.

I would assume that has changed and been improved upon.

Take the live class, because of the skills.

If you have extra $$ take the online first, then you will be very well prepared for the live class.

Good luck.

G Brothers PA-C

only skills stations involve the vent and bipap/cpap , but the lectures alone are worth the price of admission, at least where I took it. we had great lectures from the intensivists on sepsis, abx selection, pressors, management of stemi/stroke in the icu, etc. Very little trauma stuff when I took the course last. really no peds specific stuff. just lots of stuff on how to manage an ICU pt boarded in the ER for up to 24 hrs.

• 6 months later...

Archived