"Duties" Section and Supervisor Question

Hey All,

I have a couple questions:

1) Under "Duties" section of Patient experience, should we bullet list our duties, (i.e, Vital Signs, Incision and Drainage, Patient History and Objective Documentation, etc)

Or write it out in a sentence?

and,

2) I did some Volunteer work waaay back, and CANNOT remember the lady who was essentially my "supervisor". Is it proper to put "unknown" or "None" in this section?

Thanks!!

1. I used the following for my first statement on being a Corpsman, The duties performed by HMs include: assisting in prevention and treatment of disease and injuries; caring for sick and injured; administering immunization programs; rendering emergency medical treatment; instructing sailors and marines in first aid, self aid and personal hygiene procedures; transporting the sick and injured; conducting preliminary physical examinations; performing medical administrative, supply and accounting procedures; maintaining treatment records and reports; supervising shipboard and field environmental sanitation and preventive medicine programs; supervising air, water, food and habitability standards. Then I went into the different NEC's that I earned: Field Medical Service Technician. Another good thing to use is your unofficial SMART Transcripts which gives you detailed list of duties by the ranks. I did bullet style for mine. One other thing is I listed all military schools and experience separate from civilian schools and courses. (EMT-P). I also went into combat medicine, being I did multiple tours on MTT teams I listed what those duties were also, (training foreign military medics, working mass casualty incidents). It all worked I got accepted.

2. I listed only a few of the big volunteer work that I completed in the last three years. My big one was teaching CPR and ACLS to paramedic classes for a local fire department. If it had nothing to do with medicine I did not list it.

I was taught that in job descriptions to list my duties bullet style and well as put down what you learned and a result of those tasks. For example, instead of just putting down assisted with routine maintenance of the lab it was something like this:

-Provided support by carrying out routine laboratory tasks such as sterilization, autoclaving, and maintenance of laboratory areas resulting in the development of fine motor skills

Archived