What percent annual increases are you seeing?

have seen between ZERO and 10%(only once)

it is nice to get a raise every year, but I have more then not seen us get stuck between the nurses in the union getting a guaranteed raise, and the doc's that are productivity so they get none, and we get none as we are neither......  

I would think 1% is low, 3+% is great

Group is giving 2% base raise, more for those working nights, other sites for the ED group I belong to.

They have started basing raises on SS COLA, so 2012 was 3.6, 2013 1.7, 2014 1.5, 2015 1.7 (I think that is close).

Employers should not be focusing on cutting providers salaries, we are the direct revenue producers. They are just working against what pays the bills. Keep cutting pay, lose providers to other opportunities.

COLA hard to argue against. On the other hand, is what you get paid representative of what you do?

GB PA-C

I think I've got 3% per year for the last couple of years. Not spectacular but good for private practice group.

Curiously our director told me that as of this increase I will be "at the top pay scale" of the non surgical PAs in our organization. I need to ask exactly what that means. Is there a ceiling in specialty PA salaries (in this group anyway?)?

Anyone else heard anything like this? I work in a multi specialty group

I think I've got 3% per year for the last couple of years. Not spectacular but good for private practice group.

Curiously our director told me that as of this increase I will be "at the top pay scale" of the non surgical PAs in our organization. I need to ask exactly what that means. Is there a ceiling in specialty PA salaries (in this group anyway?)?

Anyone else heard anything like this? I work in a multi specialty group

I had an administrator make a similar comment back in the early 2000s.

He essentially stated that he was going to cap salaries.

He retired a few years later.

In the meantime, my salary has increased over 50k.

It is about supply and demand. And what you are worth.

One may think that this demand will dry up but I am going to break from the pack and predict it wont.

The most cost effective model any healthcare organization can have is a handful of docs, more PAs and NPs.

With a reduction in practice restrictions, more places will see this as a winning situation for them.

I am amazed a director would say that to you. Short term thinking. Essentially warning you that next year will be different. What a morale builder. Prolly made you all warm and fuzzy for the holidays.

GB PA-C

I have seen 3-4% per year.

Also worked in large academic hospitals that have a "tier" for PAs: 0-2 years certain salary, 3-5 years "x" salary, etc.

Have heard from a coworker that received one year a 7% increase after the first year at a large NYC teach hospital (internal medicine).

Archived