MDC 2015 APPLICANTS POST HERE

I know this is stressful. However, since we do not know exactly how the points system work, having an advanced degree vs. doing well on interview etc... How they add it up we don't know. So everybody that made it past the test is qualified for the program. I have not received a call or any emails. However, I was one of the last to even get an interview. I didn't think I was going to get one but I did. Honestly, until you see a rejection letter take everything with a grain of salt. From, what I understand no one has received an acceptance email either only phone calls. So give it a few more days and try to stay positive. 

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will pm you guys to ask about your interviews, its the only thing I could've messed up on.i have a 3.3 cum and 3.9 science and I scored 79 on the test so it must have been the interview. I feel like a failure . If you guys feel like it email me interview tips for next year I would grately appreciate it . Anything to take my mind off crying all day

I know exactly how you feel. A lot of people apply and they only have a few seats. Don't put your self down. When one door closes another one opens. Wait for an email, you never know. Stay positive and keep going without looking back, there are worst things in life (trust me). "FuturefemalePA"

Ok I believe today is the last day due to the fact that in the past 3 years postings indicate that no one posts about their acceptance after the first week of May. I am saddened that many of you that were great candidates didn't get accepted. However, there are close to 200 PA schools in the nation that you can qualify for and choose from if this is what you really want. When one door closes another one opens or you just keep knocking on that one door until someone opens.

Congratulations to all of the students who were accepted this year!

I am one of the applicants this year and wanted to get feedback on my performance from those who were accepted.

This year was my fourth consecutive year applying to programs as well as my fourth year earning interviews. I interviewed at Wayne State University two years in a row was rejected both times, MCPHS in Boston and Worchester two years in a row and was waitlisted then rejected both times, St. Ambrose College in Iowa which I received a rejection notification from, and finally I applied to MDC this year. I have not yet received a rejection letter but I am assuming I will get one soon since the secretary told me that all of the chosen applicants were called.

I graduated from my alma mater, Wayne State University cum laude, with a 3.73 gpa with a B.S.degree in psychology and a minor in Spanish in 2011. Since that time, several of my classes have expired and I have repeated classes or took on other classes that would meet or exceed minimal requirements.

This year I invested the time to fly to MDC twice from Michigan to visit the school, follow up with counselors, and produce all of the necessary documents for the college. When all was said and done, my GPA was calculated as 3.52 (one of my classes expired and I had to use a chemistry class from a community college that I earned a C in). I had over 2000 patient care hours as a licensed EMT-B and research experience for  drug discrimination testing.

My test date was 3/23. I scored 89% on my entrance exam and was called for an interview directly after. Possibly because I am an out of state applicant.

My back up plan was nursing. I began matriculation into a nursing program prior to my entrance exam but made it clear during the interview that my goal has been to become a physician assistant and I would much prefer to learn from a cutting edge medical model rather than a more traditional approach from a psychosocial perspective.

The application process for each program has been exciting and challenging. I definitely have built a lot of character over the four years I have applied. It is, however, expensive to reapply and retake classes and I would not want to fall into a debt from student loans by retaking classes I have already done well in when I have no guarantee that I will be accepted. At this point, I feel as though I have lost my morale to continue down this path because I have tried four years in a row and attempted with different experiences under my belt each time. Again, I appreciate any feedback.

JMS

wow jms1234, you got great score on test plus your experience and all the attempts, you definitely have to try again. But there is still hope for being accepted. Does anybody knows if they are really stopped calling accepted people, if yes, then when those who were not accepted will know. 

thx

Also, to all that did not make it this year. It is heartbreaking for me as it is for many of you. Be proud that what we accomplished in the time that we were allotted to grow as we did. :) I think the things I was able to focus on while I pursued this path did some things to me to humble me as a person.

JMS,

Your qualifications are outstanding.  In my opinion, the only thing that could have gone wrong was the interview.  Did you mention that your back up plan was nursing?  If so, that could have been their deciding factor for not choosing you.  Those who want to be a PA will do anything it takes to become a PA. The only back up plan for a prospective PA student is to apply to numerous schools and if you're denied acceptance, reapply the following year until you get in.  Either way, it wouldn't hurt to call the school and  ask why you weren't accepted.  Good luck!

Yes. One thing that did make me second guess the entire interview process was that I disclosed that I was in a nursing program already. I got accepted to that program before the pa school and I was a bit scared about what my future was going to be. When asked what I would do if I was not accepted, I said I had personal goals of being independent and starting a career by 30 (in two years). I was hesitant about whether or not I would reapply and continue to retake credits and that I would try to stick with the nursing program. In all honesty, I was so unhappy that I was settling on the nursing program that I left it after I completed the first semester. It was not what I set out to do. Maybe I should have made it clear that I would get up and keep fighting. I understand that there are people older than me who apply that also make sacrifices. I am going to have to make some serious considerations on what to do next.  Thank you for your insight PAnoramic and for responding so fast. It might be an answer I won't ever get from the faculty. I wish you the best in the program :)

Archived