MDC 2015 APPLICANTS POST HERE

Now I'm just waiting on my denial email and im going to rush to take some Classes for summer b to reapply in November. Ahh well I tried the best I could. Congrats class of 2017!! I hope to be you next year

Don't give up hope just yet. You still may receive a call :)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all,

I found this forum a bit late, but I wanted to congratulate all who have been accepted, I am still awaiting my response and I am remaining hopeful that tomorrow will be my/our day!

I wanted to thank those who have been updating, calling, and wishing the rest of us well even after your acceptances; i'm at work until 10pm so it is extremely helpful.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

Thank you bunchespa for answering my question. You have been so helpful throughout this whole process. If anyone else is willing to answer, it would truly help and give hope to those of us who do not have a degree yet.

I am currently working on my AA and will get it by this December, and I am also an LPN. I was invited to test, but sadly I did not receive an invitation for an interview. My GPA is 3.7 in the science courses and an overall GPA of 3.3. I scored a 74 on the test, no knowledge of my essay score. I will apply again in November of this year. 

All of you have been great in sharing your path to reach this moment in your journey to becoming a PA. My congratulations to all, whether you made it in or will have to reapply, you have made it this far, and the same dedication and hard work will see all of us through. All the best to you all!!!

Congrats to all who got accepted

But I am surprised with the acceptance criteria as 2 of my friend with 3.9 sci and 4.0 com GPA a bachelor and a Master degree with a very strong medical background and 2000 and more hours, scores 77and 79 with more than 7 LORs from diff physician ....

Both didn't get a acceptance call ... They were told very STRONG candidate ...

Don't know how they are rejecting the 3.9/4.0 GPA with a bachelor and masters degree with lots of hours and strong strong medical background ????????

So it's truly contradictory what they mentioned in application process that medical background and experience is HIGHLY recommended ...

They never mentioned that MDC is for "" ppl who otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity .... Or no background plan.

It's a competition and the deserve ppl should get a spot who truly fit in their educational plan ...

This is unfair...

I think everyone needs to calm down. I don't believe there are any "undeserving" applicants but they can't pick everyone.

Secondly, in the Facebook group created there are almost 20 people who have already joined so I don't think they called "only 15" people. That's not including people who were accepted and are not on Facebook or haven't joined the group.

Hopefully they have not finished calling but I'm not sure how many remaining calls there will be. I truly wonder if they will be calling any one else at all...

When I posted that 15 or so were invited, it was based on the number of members in the FB group.  I am quite sure that some didn't join the FB group and maybe some joined that are not in the 2017 class.  Further, I said that Jacque Martinez was making all the calls because everyone else was out of the office until Tuesday which was verified by someone who called.  So, everyone don't get all fatalistic.  The emails next week are instructions for those who got in, that's all.  No one said anything about rejection emails.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.  I don't think the invites are over.  Don't read too much into all these posts.  They are getting turned around like a big game of telephone.

ps.(added edit)

Guys,

Don't worry about who has what degree or how much medical experience.  You need to build your own application packet, get as much medical experience as you can, do your best on the test and essay, and knock their socks off in the interview. If you don't get in this year, PM those that did and they will surely pass on what they did to get in.  I know I will. it would be pretty weak not to help those who are applying next year.   Keep your fingers crossed for another day or so and wait for emails.

Archived