2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a call from Bill Drace about an hour ago. I interviewed on 10/29 in the morning group. I'm still in shock, but I'm incredibly excited. UAB was my first and only choice. I look forward to meeting everyone. Good luck!

Congratulations!! Did Drace mention how many more calls he was planning on making today by any chance??

Thank you. ????Unfortunately, no. He only called to let me know about the acceptance and said that a formal offer packet will come by mail/email in ~7 days. IIRC, some people got email acceptances last year and the phone calls were sometimes late in the day (7-9 PM). That may be due to time zone differences, though. I'm guessing that all acceptance calls will be made this week and the emails will follow (maybe next week?). Rejection letters and emails usually come last. I'm just guessing, though. Regardless, I wouldn't worry too much. If you were given an interview, your chances of being accepted or waitlisted are about 50/50. And even if you don't get accepted this year, you're in a much better position to get feedback and improve your chances next year. If this is truly your passion, you WILL become a PA. ????

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted. I'm still anxiously waiting to hear from them! Does anyone know if they are going alphabetically? Good luck everyone!

I don't think so. One of my friends got in yesterday and her last name starts with "W". Unless they only had XYZ left today... Which I'm hoping not because my last name is in the beginning of the alphabet. 

I received my call around 7 pm last night! Congrats to everyone who got in! Does anyone know if a facebook page will be made for our class?

If I remember correctly, the president of last year's entering class will be making it for us! I hope it's soon, I'm so excited to find out who my future classmates are ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last name starts with a G and I got a call yesterday. Drace told me the email acceptance packet would be going out tomorrow.

I'm glad you remembered that because I totally blanked out the rest of the conversation after the "you're accepted" part, so I had no idea what the timeline was of what to do next... haha ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was called Monday around 3 PM! My last name starts with M....smack dab in the middle so i don't think it is alphabetical! i was told that they would be calling Monday Nov 30 and Tuesday Dec 1...then rejection and wait list goes out!

That's definitely not the news I wanted this morning. If that's true, someone let us know when they get a wait list email.

To those who have asked, classes will start in August and I believe the president of my class will help set up a Facebook group for the new class! Congrats to those who have been accepted! Can't wait to see and meet some of you next August. Also, to those of you on the waitlist, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!  There is still a really good chance that you will get in!

Archived