2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you do not get an acceptance phone call does that mean you automatically get on the wait list? How large is the wait list and how many people do you think actually get called from it??

I don't think so. I believe you get an email if you're on the wait list. Kilgore mentioned that they're choosing only 30 people to be on the wait list. He said they always dip into wait list, and do that until July, but he said it's not as common for people to drop out that late but it's happened before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my first time applying and I think they accidentally invited me for an interview, haha. No luck thereafter, maybe next year!

Yeah, it doesn't look like I even got wait listed:-/ Well, congrats to those who got accepted and even those who got wait listed, you still have a fighting chance! For the rest of us, here's to next year:) ????✌️

This is my 3rd time applying, 1st interview ...and I got accepted! For those of you who didn't get in, I would highly recommend looking into the program I am in now. It is a M.S. in Biomedical and Health Sciences here at UAB... and it's only 11 months long! One of the co-directors is on the PA Program's faculty and admissions board, Ms. Caruthers. We've also gotten to take classes with 4 other of the PA Program's faculty and admissions board members. It is a great way to make connections and stand out by doing well in the program. This is the program's first year up and running, but all 3 of us who applied to UAB's PA program got in.

This is my 3rd time applying, 1st interview ...and I got accepted! For those of you who didn't get in, I would highly recommend looking into the program I am in now. It is a M.S. in Biomedical and Health Sciences here at UAB... and it's only 11 months long! One of the co-directors is on the PA Program's faculty and admissions board, Ms. Caruthers. We've also gotten to take classes with 4 other of the PA Program's faculty and admissions board members. It is a great way to make connections and stand out by doing well in the program. This is the program's first year up and running, but all 3 of us who applied to UAB's PA program got in.

I

For those of you that have applied multiple times, how did you change up your application? Did you write completely different personal statements and supplemental essays? This was my first round for applying and I heard you're better off not submitting the same PS if you apply again but I actually think my PS was what got me the interview.

For those of you that have applied multiple times, how did you change up your application? Did you write completely different personal statements and supplemental essays? This was my first round for applying and I heard you're better off not submitting the same PS if you apply again but I actually think my PS was what got me the interview.

This is my second time applying ... I didn't get in this time I don't think since I haven't heard back yet. Last year I didn't get an interview and this year I interviewed. I kept my personal statement the same as last year

This is my first time applying and I was accepted, but several other applicants I know who have applied multiple cycles were told changing their personal statement and essays is helpful by members of different admissions committees. They were also told to do things that shows passion and growth like retaking classes to improve GPA , continue to take upper level biologies, and switch careers to get more diverse experience. I hope this helps and wish you the best of luck!!

I was looking into it the other day, but I think that's what I'm actually going to do now. Thanks for the suggestion:)

To those of you who applied but did not get accepted and you REALLY WANT to come to UAB, I would recommend calling and setting up an appointment with Bill Drace. He will tell you what you need to work on to be a more competitive applicant for the next application cycle. Also, I know there has been some mention of the waitlist ranking...that doesn't exist. There is no order, everyone is just on there and when a spot becomes available the faculty meets and deliberates on who to extend an invitation to next (at least, this is what I have heard)! Hope this helps!

This was my 2nd time applying with a 1st time interview, and I was accepted. I would definitely agree with rms0020 about speaking with Mr. Drace. He and I spoke periodically throughout my time applying with UAB, and I definitely feel that he was straightforward with what I needed to improve on. After being denied, I did exactly what he said (get more clinical experience, redo my personal statement, and improve GRE) and I got in. I think he really appreciates persistence and determination. For those of you who didn't get in, I was in your shoes, and I know how painful it feels. If you want it, don't give up. Just work on your application and keep chipping away at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived