Tacoma 2014-2015 applicants

This is also a great time to be prepping for next application cycle. For those who applied later (including myself), try to come up with a plan for applying earlier. The next cycle opens in May, giving us only about 6 months to improve in areas of weakness. Sign up for classes, reach out to PAs for shadowing opportunities, and/or volunteer in your community. Above all, take the time to continue evaluating whether this is truly what you want to do. Keep up the good fight if you're passionate about it!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is also a great time to be prepping for next application cycle. For those who applied later (including myself), try to come up with a plan for applying earlier. The next cycle opens in May, giving us only about 6 months to improve in areas of weakness. Sign up for classes, reach out to PAs for shadowing opportunities, and/or volunteer at a food bank. Above all, take the time to continue evaluating whether this is truly what you want to do. Keep up the good fight if you're passionate about it!

That's a great point! Also the prerequisites have changed. Microbiology and statistics have been added, and social sciences are recommended. Although I have been invited for the interview in December, that does not mean that I will be chosen. Failing to plan is planning to fail :)

If you need a micro lab manual, lemme know

Thank you! I will let you know. 

@Sharesmiles- I have alot of credits but no bachelors degree. I went to Oregon State University for Pre-Med for two years and then went into MA schooling. Since then the science courses expired due to being "old". We will both get that piece of paper one day though! 

For those waiting to hear, I just received an email from Stephanie after I messaged her to check the status of my application.

She said that as of this time, all invites have been sent out for the December interview session. She told me that my application was still being reviewed and I applied in the end of August. Unless there is a cancellation, there will be no more invites for December. I suppose this can save us from checking our emails for at least a couple weeks.

The good news is that there will be a January interview for Tacoma and that invites will be going out sometime in December. So give your thumbs a break and relax on the refreshing of your email for a few weeks and enjoy the holidays!

Just wanted to share the update with others who are still awaiting news like me!

For those waiting to hear, I just received an email from Stephanie after I messaged her to check the status of my application.

She said that as of this time, all invites have been sent out for the December interview session. She told me that my application was still being reviewed and I applied in the end of August. Unless there is a cancellation, there will be no more invites for December. I suppose this can save us from checking our emails for at least a couple weeks.

The good news is that there will be a January interview for Tacoma and that invites will be going out sometime in December. So give your thumbs a break and relax on the refreshing of your email for a few weeks and enjoy the holidays!

Just wanted to share the update with others who are still awaiting news like me!

Should I ask Stephanie about Spokane BCHS as well? Or have they filled their seats already? The other thread on Spokane confuses me a little. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

To all of us who attended the interview. It was a pleasure to meet all of you. Seriously. I had a great time getting to meet you, laugh a bit and learn that I could and would be proud to be co-student-worker-thingamajig with any of you. This was a stressful day, and you deserve a break. If nothing else, keep in touch, you are all stellar people.

Sincerely,

That one goofy guy.

Archived