Tacoma 2014-2015 applicants

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm impatiently checking my emails as well! Keep your head up! I have a friend who just got invited to the November 18th Seattle interviews and they apologized for the late notice. Sounds to me like you could be notified any time up until December 12th.

Also have a friend who interviewed in January last year and got in! We are all in the same boat, fingers crossed for everyone!

Meet and greet for the December 12th interview will be held Thursday, December 11th at 6:30pm at The Harmon off of Pacific ave. Its a pretty big place so there will be plenty of room. We will be there to meet you all and answer questions and enjoy a frosty beverage or two since we will be finished with finals that day. As we get closer I will get a head count and make the reservation. Excited to meet you all!

Meet and greet for the December 12th interview will be held Thursday, December 11th at 6:30pm at The Harmon off of Pacific ave. Its a pretty big place so there will be plenty of room. We will be there to meet you all and answer questions and enjoy a frosty beverage or two since we will be finished with finals that day. As we get closer I will get a head count and make the reservation. Excited to meet you all!

Thanks EMSGuy, I am positive that this will help all us potential students out!

Guys I know that it can be discouraging for everyone that didn't get an invite yet, but I am wondering if maybe they send out the invitations by alphabetical order.  My last name begins with A.  I don't know if that makes a difference but I just thought of that this morning.  So try and keep the faith!  Fingers crossed for everyone.

@mayrn82- I wouldn't think that would be the case. My name starts with a W, so I think it may just be the order in which they have us in a stack is all. Until you get a rejection letter, there is hope!

Yeah, my last name starts with an "L," and I also I wonder if invitations were processed by GPA or even in order of applications received to MedEx. For all still waiting, I can't imagine the anxiety while others have been invited, but like EMSGuy said, there are more than one interview sessions for Tacoma. Furthermore, I would remain positive until that grim rejection letter is received...I will keep all of us, invited applicants and waiting applicants, in my prayers :)

@Snakeeater12- thank you for the positive encouragement and prayers! By the way, what kind (military branch) dive pin is that? I was a dive medical technician (DMT) in the Navy and a saturation diver.

You're very welcome :) It's funny you ask :lol::lol::lol: because it's unofficial! However, the badge without the red cross is official, and is awarded to Army Special Operations Combat Divers...we're trained in open circuit but our main mode of breathing apparatus is the Draeger LAR-V (closed circuit). I was a Army medic, combat diver, dive supervisor, and dive medical technician. The unofficial badge, found online, seemed to fit all three so I used it as an avatar, lol.

@Snakeeater12- ok looks fimiliar now!! I've used the LAR-V.  I've even tested the CODE which is now used in SPEC WAR outfit.  My last duty station wasNaval Experimental Dive Unit (NEDU). Yes, I was a guinea pig (human subjects)  experiments,dive tables and equipments.  Did you do your training at Panama City Beach Dive school?

@Snakeeater12- ok looks fimiliar now!! I've used the LAR-V. I've even tested the CODE which is now used in SPEC WAR outfit. My last duty station wasNaval Experimental Dive Unit (NEDU). Yes, I was a guinea pig (human subjects) experiments,dive tables and equipments. Did you do your training at Panama City Beach Dive school?

Wow! Thats awesome! I saw the CODE but never got to use it and tried the jet boots once (only in the pool) :lol::lol::lol: purpose was for equipment familiarity to plus up on our class for DPD. I went to SFUWO in Key West, FL :) Furthermore, this is exactly what I love about PA program/profession, we get to meet so many interesting people from various backgrounds!!!^_^

Furthermore, this is exactly what I love about PA program/profession, we get to meet so many interesting people from various backgrounds!!!^_^

I feel this same way.  I'm constantly impressed by everyone here, speaking not only of qualifications, but also general character.  There's always so much kindness and encouragement.  It really inspires me to keep working my ass off to become a PA.

MEDEX processes applications as they come from CASPA. CASPA sends them out in "Batches" and they are processes in the order received. So the earlier you send your completed application in, the sooner MEDEX gets it, and the sooner you can get that email. They haven't finished going through all of the applications for Tacoma yet, so don't stress too much. I know, easier said than done. I've been there.

There's a little more to the whole process, as well.  When faculty receive the packets, they review them and then place them in one of three piles: Yes, No, Hold for further review/consideration.  You very likely could get invited to the conference on the 12th as late as the day before.  Then, you could also get an invitation to the last conference held in Seattle that was mentioned earlier in the string.  You're going to stress, that's part of the deal.  If you get the invitation, then be sure to come to the Harmon for beer.  I'm sure someone will want to talk to you about how to be awesome at the interviews, I'll be drinking beer.....and chatting with you as well.

Archived