Hey everyone, the deadline is literally around the corner. I STRONGLY suggest making sure your UAPC application is complete. Even though its not due until Feb. 1st, it will probably allow SD to review your application quicker if your UAPS stuff is done as well. I had a big issue with lost transcripts with UAPS last year and had to make a trip to their office to hand everything in. You can check online but personally I just call their automated service....the number is (212)997-2869 (press 1 then 1 again...then it'll prompt you to put in your social and then confirm your name. It will state whether or not your application is considered complete)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody know if their is an essay for this interview?

there was one last year. They ask you to interpret and write your thoughts on a proposed idea/quote/statement. Last year it was based on a poem. It has nothing to do with being a PA, apparently they want to test your writing level under pressure and to see if it was really you who wrote your personal statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there was one last year. They ask you to interpret and write your thoughts on a proposed idea/quote/statement. Last year it was based on a poem. It has nothing to do with being a PA, apparently they want to test your writing level under pressure and to see if it was really you who wrote your personal statement.

Okay thanks

Hello all, I am a current student. I am set to graduate in 2 wks. I joined this forum when I applied & have been coming back very year to pay it forward. If anyone has any questions, let me know. I'll do my best to answer them.

Hi Yacosta! Thanks so much for coming back, I remember you from last year. I applied last cycle and was wait listed. Hoping to be able to re interview this year. How was your clinical year?!?!

Application deadline was a lot earlier this year. Any other changes to the admissions process you may know of ?

They changed a lot of things since I started. When I started, there was a 6 week orientation period during the summer that ended in a 3 day retreat right before the fall semester started. The class of 2016 also had this orientation period. Last year (class of 2017), had no orientation period. They started out in the fall by going on the retreat & then immediately starting the fall semester.

I know that they changed the order of how the classes are taken. I heard rumors of them starting some new classes, but if that's going to happen, it hasn't happen yet. Also, rumor has it that the class of 2018 will be the first masters class. I'm not sure what is going on with the application deadlines since I'm almost done with the program & they don't update us about those kind of things.

SamalamXO, it's good to hear from you again. I remember you. My clinical year was good. Some rotations were better than others. Lol. I learned a lot & got to see and do a lot. I hope you are reapplying this year. Good luck. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.

They changed a lot of things since I started. When I started, there was a 6 week orientation period during the summer that ended in a 3 day retreat right before the fall semester started. The class of 2016 also had this orientation period. Last year (class of 2017), had no orientation period. They started out in the fall by going on the retreat & then immediately starting the fall semester.

I know that they changed the order of how the classes are taken. I heard rumors of them starting some new classes, but if that's going to happen, it hasn't happen yet. Also, rumor has it that the class of 2018 will be the first masters class. I'm not sure what is going on with the application deadlines since I'm almost done with the program & they don't update us about those kind of things.

SamalamXO, it's good to hear from you again. I remember you. My clinical year was good. Some rotations were better than others. Lol. I learned a lot & got to see and do a lot. I hope you are reapplying this year. Good luck. I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.

Yes I definitely reapplied and thank you!. Sophie Davis is still my number 1 choice :-) congrats on being so close to graduation. Must be incredible!!!

Thank you for the updates!

Guest sophiepa2015

Hi Yacosta815,

First off, I want to say thank you so much for your time and help. It is really appreciated.

Unfortunately I missed the deadline and so I will be applying for the 2016 cycle, which will be the class of 2018. If this will be the first masters class, do you think the GREs will be required for admission? Or have you heard that admission requirements will change because of it?

Hello Sophiepa2015, I'm sorry for the late reply. For some weird reason, I don't get any notifications when someone responds on this thread. I'm not sure what the requirements will be. I know that they are changing, but the exact specifics, I am not sure. The rumor around the program is that class of 2018 will be the first masters class, but it's just a rumor since we have not been told anything definite. Your best bet would be to contact the PA office to schedule a date to come in to speak to Ms Brown. She is very helpful at letting applicants know what they are missing & what they need to complete in order to apply. I didn't know that they changed the application deadline. I don't recall the deadline being in January. I think that when I applied, the deadline was 2/1 & 3/15 (but my memory of the dates could be wrong).

Hi, I am new to this forum. I'm actually applying to Sophie Davis in 2016. I know it's very competitive to get into this program, and I'm continuing to work hard in my junior year. If it's okay, can any of you guys tell me how your transcript was when you applied (GPA, extra curriculum, SATs, ACT). I just took my SAT last week, but I'm definitely retaking it next year. Thank you so much, I encourage all of you to push yourself to reach your goals. I don't want to sound corny, but when I found this forum, I was so happy to find people who shared lively ambitions! I need encouragement and I want to encourage all of you who just applied :)

Hi everybody, I applied for Sophia Davis 2015, 

I received an email from sophie davis that confirm that my application is completed, but when I call to the UAPC, it says that my application is incomplete, and I have to send my supporting application, which I already sent !! I have nO idea what should I do?

hope great luck for everybody

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you only get an email once your application goes through initial review...when they deem it complete or incomplete. If it's complete you just wait for the interview phone callSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an email a week after the deadline stating my application is complete. So does that mean I pass the round for a review and have to wait for a phone call for an interview or that my application was complete in general without missing any necessary documents.

Hello Sophiepa2015, I'm sorry for the late reply. For some weird reason, I don't get any notifications when someone responds on this thread. I'm not sure what the requirements will be. I know that they are changing, but the exact specifics, I am not sure. The rumor around the program is that class of 2018 will be the first masters class, but it's just a rumor since we have not been told anything definite. Your best bet would be to contact the PA office to schedule a date to come in to speak to Ms Brown. She is very helpful at letting applicants know what they are missing & what they need to complete in order to apply. I didn't know that they changed the application deadline. I don't recall the deadline being in January. I think that when I applied, the deadline was 2/1 & 3/15 (but my memory of the dates could be wrong).

Hello Yacosta815,

My name is Otabek. I have applied to Sophie Davis PA Program and received an email, notifying that my application is complete. I have also called UAPC to confirm if everything was ok there. Since I have applied to City college Spring 2015 semester, I was told that I need to defer my application to Fall 2015 semester in order to be eligible for PA program admission. I'm very excited and waiting to be called for an interview. I have seen some of your posts from last year and some from this year. I was going to ask you on the interview process. How did all went? Format of the interview (group, individual, student)? What kind of questions were asked, and the best way to prepare myself for the big day...

I will wait for response and I'm very thankful that students like you are there helping Pre-PAs like us to fulfill our goals. 

Sincerely,
Otabek

Archived