its individual,4 staff members  (2 staff to one student), no healthcare experience was asked but they gave me a scenario about patient interaction and what i will do as a PA. they were friendly.

Don't be nervous and ask as many questions as you can, also have questions for them because they believe its a two way interview.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its individual,4 staff members  (2 staff to one student), no healthcare experience was asked but they gave me a scenario about patient interaction and what i will do as a PA. they were friendly.

Don't be nervous and ask as many questions as you can, also have questions for them because they believe its a two way interview.

Ok, so it's 2 to 1. Thanks so much for all the info here, you really helping us all. My last question is, how long did the actual interview last and how many questions were asked, approximately. Any, absolutely, unexpected situations or questions?

we were 17 students interviewing, so approx 20 mins each. the questions ranges from 8 - 10 depending on the answers you gave them, they didnt ask me much because i told them i know a recent graduate from the program so i know what it entails so we didn't get to talk about that, however if this is your second time applying make sure you know the reason why you didn't get in the first time. i knew mine because i called to ask why.

Had my interview today, it went really well, my format was pretty much, they wanted to know more about me aside from what they already seen in paper. oh yes, SUPPORT group, have that down packed, how you intend to FUND ur education since no work for the duration of the program is strongly advised. how you as a PA will work in a TEAM, and finally the GOLDEN question why should we give you a seat. BE as genuine as possible. i hope to be classmate with all y'all

This is my second time applying and when i called the last time, the reason why i didn't get an interview was because i didn't explain why i chose Sophie Davis and they asked me that. Also am a current Rutgers Senior graduating in MAY with Public Health Major and Psychology Minor and they also asked why i didn't choose Rutgers since they offer a PA program too.

Finally, they talked about the Masters Program transitioning, this class will be the most eligible to transition into the MSC program, they are still considering how to go about it, maybe people with an undergrad already will enroll for MSc program......... its still works in Progress

Oh about 3 seats are filled already from the previous class. Hope this helps anybody...... for people waiting for a call!!! Don't lose HOPE keep the Faith and for people waiting for their interview, GOODLUCK and people interviewed already Goodluck too, hopefully all of us gets in.

@Zobs0 congratulations on your interview. Thank you so much for the information you provided. If you don't mindI would also like to ask you ssomething. First of all did you ask questions at the end or during the middle? Also, did they ask you anything about the healthcare sector? And finally, besides the items they requested for did you take anything else I.e resume, transcripts?

Hello guys,

I also wanted to ask about the writing assignment. Were you asked to write an essay or just a questionnaire? What was the format? Is it science related or more ethical? 

Everyone who had their interviews today, please reply and share some information about the whole process. Your help is appreciated!

@afreen 246 my questions was at the end, they have the transcript with them  already, in regards to healthcare sector not really, they just gave me a scenario and asked what i will do as a PA. 

@otashco they give you a passage to read and you are required to interpret it not summarize.

let me know if i answered your questions and Goodluck 

@ZobsO, thank you for the help and time. That question involving teamwork as a PA... did they ask how the medical field integrated in terms of different medical professions working as a team, or they asked it more like how would you promote team-based approach in your future practice as a PA? 

Hello everyone,

Applicants who had their interviews on the 9th, would you, please, share the experience? What was it all about? Questions that we should be prepared for? On-site essay? Format? Who were the interviewees?

Any info is greatly appreciated! Wish you all good luck!

Good luck everyone, you all worked so hard and I'm sure it will pay off. I'm a student in my second semester now, and I've noticed many students are applying for the second time. I used this forum when i applied last year and it was really helpful.

NEVER GIVE UP and always be positive. 

Congrats for those who got an interview, and those who didn't, call and ask why and apply next year for the masters program.

Send me any questions u have, plus we have club hours every Thursday 12.30-1.30 pm, u can just come and talk to many PA students.

btw there are 4 seats already taken from previous students

Good luck everyone, you all worked so hard and I'm sure it will pay off. I'm a student in my second semester now, and I've noticed many students are applying for the second time. I used this forum when i applied last year and it was really helpful.

NEVER GIVE UP and always be positive. 

Congrats for those who got an interview, and those who didn't, call and ask why and apply next year for the masters program.

Send me any questions u have, plus we have club hours every Thursday 12.30-1.30 pm, u can just come and talk to many PA students.

btw there are 4 seats already taken from previous students

Hello MikeCCNY,

Any Idea if the admissions committee waited to all interviews were over before they started calling students for acceptance?  I believe the last group of interviews is this Thursday the 23rd.  I had my interview on the 7th and their was another group on the 9th. 

i called them this morning and the lady told me that they are still calling people for interviews but i not sure i believe her? What do you guys think?

I am not sure they offered me 3 interview dates when they called me.  They told me the 7th, 9th and 23rd. 

Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Archived