2014 applications

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would guess they are behind because they just started accepting the CASPA applicatin last year which probably caused their overall applicant numbers to increase rather dramatically.  They are a smaller program with around 25 seats so it seems that they just have a lot more to go through than they normally do.  Hopefully in the next two weeks they will get everything prepared to set up interviews.  I'd be shocked if the delay causes notifications to be sent later than Christmas but who knows.

I personally know 8 people who have applied to Tulsa, none have been contacted (all very qualified). I mentioned earlier in Nov that a friend I have, who also applied, spoke with the Admissions Coordinator from Tulsa and she said I quote "enjoy your holidays (not one, but two), we are behind and it will likely be after Christmas."

Now as to why. I know that when they accepted paper apps the avg number was mid 300's. Last year after using CASPA for the second or third year they had some 700+. I would expect this cycle they received well over 1000 apps and have not increased staff to accommodate such an increase.

Now that said, I'm just as anxious as the rest. However, I have learned in my years on this rock not to worry about things that I cannot change. So I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and will not let the anxiety affect your Christmas holiday.

My $.02

:)

I personally know 8 people who have applied to Tulsa, none have been contacted (all very qualified). I mentioned earlier in Nov that a friend I have, who also applied, spoke with the Admissions Coordinator from Tulsa and she said I quote "enjoy your holidays (not one, but two), we are behind and it will likely be after Christmas."

Now as to why. I know that when they accepted paper apps the avg number was mid 300's. Last year after using CASPA for the second or third year they had some 700+. I would expect this cycle they received well over 1000 apps and have not increased staff to accommodate such an increase.

Now that said, I'm just as anxious as the rest. However, I have learned in my years on this rock not to worry about things that I cannot change. So I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and will not let the anxiety affect your Christmas holiday.

My $.02

:)

I mean no ill will but that same admission coordinator was the same person who told me and others that it would be earlier. I don't believe anyone at this point. 

A few more weeks? Seriously? I wonder what that means for OKC then. I only applied to OKC and I'm on pins and needles checking my phone and email every 30 minutes.

I only applied to OKC too and am dying to find out. I have a friend (who graduated from the OKC program 5+ years ago) say she didn't hear about an interview until close to Christmas. She already knew she was accepted to a program in TX before she ever even heard about the interview in OKC.

I similarly have not heard anything from Tulsa, but received an interview for OKC.  If it is confirmed that they are out of the offices until 01/02/2015 I am curious as to when the interviews are being scheduled because I know OKC is interviewing next week 01/05-01/09.

Archived