Billing as Locum when your Not Locum ??

yeah it just makes things more intimidating and harder, I miss him so much. This is hard to go though alone. I got an email from a MD i have never met or heard of, he wants info on the clinic and to know why i quit.  He said he got my email from a Drug Rep, ... but i never gave that drug rep my email. I called her she said his office called her looking for my contact info but she didnt have it. He got it somewhere. It really gave me the creeps L&I went in as a suprise the 2nd visit they will be going over it with a fine tooth comb. The Medical Board is coming in as well. This clinic is likey ruined , and I fear so is my PA carreer. I do not have a lawyer locked down. The last lawyer I went to the other lawyer in the office was Arbatrating a case against my MD. So that also means someone else is suing him right now. I can only hope I am not also named in that suit.

How awesome is this now they refuse to give me my DEA and State licesne claiming they dont have them. I called the DEA and the state and my copies were sent to that address. I hate them , I am horrified I will never find another job and if I do it will be for jack-asses like these dirtbags !

• Administrator

Not to be intentionally mean, but this really calls for this:

mistakesdemotivator.jpg

WHY on Earth would you not have in your possession the originals of every single document important to your career and ONLY give the practice copies?  ALWAYS have your professional correspondence sent to a PO Box you control, never to your home (feel like everyone knowing where you live?) or to your office.  If you're really paranoid, keep them in a safe or safe deposit box.

You can get a copy of your DEA and your license from each entity that grants them.  You can copy them off each site as long as you have your log in and pin numbers.

Your state BME is obligated to provide these documents to you.

I am really concerned that you are still so naive about the legal processes that YOU MUST KNOW to obtain and maintain licensure as a PA. It is YOUR responsibility to investigate and learn these things yourself. Your school is required to provide preliminary information but after graduation this is up to YOU and YOU ALONE.

Serving as a bad example indeed.

Sorry to be harsh but I'm growing impatient with your lamenting what happened when you still seem to have a limited understanding of your responsibilities as a licensed PA--a professional. Look up the definition of professional if you have any doubt. Nobody but you can or should be responsible for your license and registration.

• Administrator

Primadonna - while I don't disagree with what you said, my class got VERY little instruction from our school about licensing, DEA, insurance, etc.

More's the pity.

With too many 20-somethings who have no clue about actual full-time employment, contracts, negotiation, and who are overwhelmingly female being churned out by programs, it's criminal to not try and actually arm them to participate economically and professionally as adults.  These naive youngsters are going to get abused unnecessarily by the system in an easily avoidable way, if the schools abrogate their obligation to provide professional instruction.

Going into my first PA job, I had 18 years full-time job experience in three different companies, with all the street education that comes with that.  I STILL got a lot of use from the 1 or 2 hour session on licensing and credentialing.  I'd actually found this site very helpful on insurance and DEA matters, and networked with alumni in my home state to get the inside scoop on how licensing actually went.

Had my program not covered that in a "professional practice seminar", I would have found the info other ways.

My longest-term employer had a rather brutal but honest saying: "you own your employability"  Pretty Darwinian? You bet, but it's not something to shout at others, it's something to internalize: you are always in a perpetual competition for your own job with everyone else who might do it, both inside and your organization.

More's the pity.

With too many 20-somethings who have no clue about actual full-time employment, contracts, negotiation, and who are overwhelmingly female being churned out by programs, it's criminal to not try and actually arm them to participate economically and professionally as adults.  These naive youngsters are going to get abused unnecessarily by the system in an easily avoidable way, if the schools abrogate their obligation to provide professional instruction.

Going into my first PA job, I had 18 years full-time job experience in three different companies, with all the street education that comes with that.  I STILL got a lot of use from the 1 or 2 hour session on licensing and credentialing.  I'd actually found this site very helpful on insurance and DEA matters, and networked with alumni in my home state to get the inside scoop on how licensing actually went.

Had my program not covered that in a "professional practice seminar", I would have found the info other ways.

My longest-term employer had a rather brutal but honest saying: "you own your employability"  Pretty Darwinian? You bet, but it's not something to shout at others, it's something to internalize: you are always in a perpetual competition for your own job with everyone else who might do it, both inside and your organization.

I agree Rev ronin.  My contract negotiation is coming up in a month and needs to be signed by mid-November.  I am gathering my statistics and keeping track of what I do during the day, extra hours put in, documenting the number of days a year I am the sole provider, and planning on spelling out my worth.  One never knows what is lurking in the shadows for a plan to cut you loose and replace you with a much younger cheaper alternative.   I hate to think about it, but it can be true for those of us who are at the top of the salary grid for PAs. 

My contract negotiation is coming up in a month and needs to be signed by mid-November. I am gathering my statistics and keeping track of what I do during the day, extra hours put in, documenting the number of days a year I am the sole provider, and planning on spelling out my worth. One never knows what is lurking in the shadows for a plan to cut you loose and replace you with a much younger cheaper alternative. I hate to think about it, but it can be true for those of us who are at the top of the salary grid for PAs.

So true.

Archived