2014-2015 App Cycle

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They take everyone with a 3.4 GPA and offer them interviews first. And then they do the 3.3 and then the 3.2s and so on.

In the past few years they've stopped at the 3.4 range and have interviewed a few applicants with 3.3 GPAs.

Here's a link to the average accepted student stats:

http://prospective.westernu.edu/osteopathic/competitive-10/

That is the wrong link Timon.  Here is the link for competitive stats for the PA program. 

http://prospective.westernu.edu/physician-assistant/competitive-12/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites?

I am not 100% sure but I hope they are still going to send out more interviews.  

I am a re-applicant and last year I did not receive an interview until January 10th.  Also last year, Western used to at-least send out e-mails each month telling the candidate the status of their application. This year, I only received an email stating that my application is ready for review and then nothing else after that.  

Maybe I should call them and ask what is going on...if I do not here anything by the end of this week I will call them before christmas to check on the status of my application.

Good luck to all of us.

According to their website, for repeated courses; they replace the grade with the higher grade and then re-calculate your GPA. If any of your GPA's (overall, science, pre-requisite)were below 2.75 then any candidate does not meet their minimum requirement.

Keep your head up Patti and you can call your admissions counselor and they will advise you on what to do to improve your application.

Good luck to all of us.

Archived