LOR from a chiropractor/HCE as a chiropractic assistant

I know chiropractors get a lot of flak (a lot of it which I agree with), but did anyone here get a LOR from a chiropractor? I also help as a chiropractic assistant, so I was curious about that too. Do PA programs frown upon it? They are "health care professionals" technically. I know he'd write a better LOR over the DO and MD I work for, btw.

I can tell you that I am a chiropractor (for about 3 more months anyway) and I'll be starting PA school in June. I would expect your hours as a CA to apply as HCE. I also had a recommendation letter from my supervising clinician back from when I was an intern. I don't think programs frown upon it at all, but I wouldn't plan on it substituting for a letter by an MD/DO/PA if that's a requirement for a given program. 

I can tell you that I am a chiropractor (for about 3 more months anyway) and I'll be starting PA school in June. I would expect your hours as a CA to apply as HCE. I also had a recommendation letter from my supervising clinician back from when I was an intern. I don't think programs frown upon it at all, but I wouldn't plan on it substituting for a letter by an MD/DO/PA if that's a requirement for a given program. 

What if it was 1 professor, 1 MD, 1 from chiro.

Some of my HCE was as a chiropractic assistant but that was much earlier in my healthcare work history. For me it was more of a stepping stone to become an MA. I did learn a lot though as a CA and am glad I did it. Although the chiropractor knew me really well and totally would have written me a great LOR I chose to go with my MD supervisor because she also knew me very well, my work as an MA was more recent, and I thought the adcoms would look more favorably on my MA experience vs. my CA experience. But since you are currently working as a CA and you seem to think the chiro will write you a much better letter I would definitely consider it. Only you really understand how well each of them know you.

Archived