Does anyone know if there are drawbacks to applying to a PA program if I still have one prerequisite to complete? All the programs say it is okay to apply with one or two left to finish. For me, I'll either have genetics or organic chemistry left to take after I apply and I’m wondering if that will have a negative impact on my chances for an interview. Of course I would still have enough time to complete the necessary prereqs before each school’s actual deadline.

The schools I applied to wanted my plan as to how I would finish before their programs started. I think that you also need a good track record in the classes you've already taken. In my case, I just had two to go. I'm sure other schools want everything. There is a lot of variety in requirements, be they classes, when the classes have to be completed by, the amount of HCE, etc. There is no one blanket right answer unfortunately.

Archived