Baystate Medical Center PA Post Graduate ER Residency

As one of the smaller outlaying hospitals/areas that feeds/referrers to Baystate this is likely a great program - they pay their PAs well (we loose PAs to them all the time) but I don't know how the utilize them in the ER - their is likely a fair amount of knife and gun club patients as there is a tough part of town....  BUT beautiful housing with in 30 min if you want to drive a little bit - county living and close to city

I was actually looking at this residency the other day. A Dr. in the ER during my final rotation did her residency there and said it was a great site. I'm in the process of getting my application ready to send out to them. I haven't looked at a ton of programs but I'm from Mass and just heard about this one, hoping to at least get an interview from them, looks like a great curriculum.  

• 4 months later...

I am not a PA at baystate, however I do work there. It is a wonderful facility with a brand new ED. The staff is great, and is ranked 3rd in the state and is the only level 1 trauma center in western Massachusetts. So you will definitely see a lot if you are a resident here. It is also the western campus of tufts medical school, so you will be learning from some great doctors.

Archived