TBI and Fish Oil

if it does no harm then it should be used on all tbi, "not enough literature" is a poor foundation for rejection of a non-harmful but potentially helpful treatment. i would consider it CAM. TBI should be treated agressively with all available treatments, as one would treat their own family

Based on the article as written, and assuming that it played out as described, I think the response from the medical providers were consistent with what most would tell family members.  The fact that the family didn't accept the recommendations of the providers and performed research on their own and then became insistent on a trial of said therapy, it sounds somewhat familiar with what has recently taken place in Oakland, California with the child and the tonsillectomy complications.  Speaking for myself, and knowing my own personality, I probably would not have dealt well with their aggressive approach as I interpreted it in the article.  I was surprised to read about the improvement and took this to heart.

Archived