Worthwhile EM Conferences?

I went to the EM Bootcamp in Vegas this December and loved it. I was wondering if anyone can recommend other worthwhile conferences for Emergency Medicine. I'm a fairly new grad, and brand new to EM, so the more learning, the better. The only other one I'm familiar with is SEMPA's conference. Wasn't sure what folks thought about that one. Thanks for any advice!

SEMPA 360 is a great conference, but it sounds like you already are familiar with it.  As a new grad, you might really benefit from the new SEMPA/ACEP APP Academy.  This is a new program geared towards new grads and other PA's/NP's/non-EM physicians just coming into emergency medicine, developed jointly by SEMPA and ACEP.  Phase 1 will be a 4.5 day course covering core topics in EM.  Phase 2 will be geared towards skills and procedures, and Phase 3 will focus on critical care EM.  The first Phase 1 course will be in San Diego in April; the link is below.

http://www.acep.org/APPA/

• 2 months later...

I've always liked Essentials of Emergency Medicine put on by Mel Herbert & crew at LAC+USC.  They alternate btw Vegas (at the Paris) and San Fran.

any time you can see mel herbert speak it is money well spent. there is no better em lecturer in my opinion. I have been following him since he started giving lectures as an em resident.

I enjoyed them...especially in Hawaii! Yes, I went to one of each in Hawaii (UCSF and CCME). Scouting out job opps for myself and my buddy, sky blu. "The beachside cabana will see you now."

Aw, thanks for looking out for me, GetMe!

"PA prescribes mai tai and hula dancing as alternative to Prozac"

Archived