Medical Professionalism On Line

I found this to be an interesting article about cyber connections with patients.

I had a patient find me on a public on-line forum several years ago which prompted me to change the way I use the internet. Patients can readily find out public information via state Medical Boards about anyone who holds a medical license. This is a good reminder about the widespread information in cyberspace and how to guard privacy for the sake of professionalism .

Healthcare Workers Not Adequately Protecting Privacy on Facebook

just say 'no' to fleshbook and on line posts - and if you are going to use them by all means set all privacy setting to the most private you can have.

did read an article recently that stated you should NEVER use a pet's name or childs name in any password - do not post any pets names fleshbook as that is what the hackers are getting your passwords from

best password advice - pick two random words, put 1-3 numbers inbetween them and that is your new password...... very hard to hack as long as the words are not special to you (i.e. just go open the dictionary or a netters!)

Actually a safe password should not have any real words in it, you are much safer using gibberish, and most safe throwing 1 or more special charachters in there. i.e.

hu77?!biz

The best thing you can do for passwords is be sure to use letters, special charachters and numbers. Some places will let you use upper and lowercase, i.e. "hHk34()z". These are really the safest although hard to remember. An easy way to up your PW security is to take a ?, !, $, #, %, etc somewhere in it.

Archived