Question about Renewing PA License?

Alright so every 10 years I believe one has to take the PANRE only right?

Does a PA have to renew their license every year only via a fee and not requiring an exam at all? I read that somewhere and the reason why I'm curious and asking is because what if one is in the military reserves in a non-medical MOS that deploys for a full 12 months, one gets deployed for a year or if one wants to attend additional schooling putting their license into an inactive status? I'm just hoping if one is inactive for one year it won't hinder a PA in regards to their license - hopefully one doesn't have to take an exam or anything for a year of inactive status that would seem stressful in order to maintain a license. Taking the PANRE every 10 is fine.

Sorry if my question is worded difficult, but hopefully one understands my question

If you're in a non-medical MOS and the government finds out you have a PA license, you will be deployed as a PA.

I never heard of such a thing. Are you absolutely sure? I've heard of a physician who is a pilot in the air force. I can't see how the military if one chooses to branch in hypothetically in an infantry division that if deployed they will be acting as a PA in the military when one did not sign a contract designating the individual to practice PA in the military. One would have to go through BOLC to become a PA if one has a license. If one is trained to go infantry. They go through BCT, OCS, and branch training - why would they waste that money spent for your training to put you in a PA position during deployment?

if you are a pa why would you want to hold an MOS with lower rank, responsibility, and pay?

that's like a brain surgeon opting to work as an er tech...

First, this isn't in reference to me. Second, I'm not talking about enlistment, but rather about officer commissions so if we are comparing a PA and Infantry officer they both commission as a 2nd Lt, so there is no dispute here in regards to being treated differently or rank difference. If one were to join the reserves The National Guard in particular is the only reserve branch that allows combat MOS for non-AD personnel. Moreover, I'm not only talking about combat MOS's. Everyone commissions at the same rank if one goes the officer route unless someone went through a military academy of some sort.

I've heard of a physician who is an officer pilot in the air force reserves for example. I'm curious how one maintains their license if inactive for a potential full 12 month deployment. Does one just pay an inactive fee, and pay another fee to reactivate it without taking an exam with the only exception being the 10 year rule for PANRE test for license renewals

Archived