Hello,

I'm an aspiring PA student and I have done a lot of research on the differences between MPAS and MPAS/MPH, but lots of the articles I found online reference money and big picture goals for PA's with MPH. They don't really narrow in on differences between jobs you may acquire, leadership positions, or any other true benefit past what you can achieve with just your MPAS. Are there any practicing PA's out there and/or students with enough familiarity with this topic to persuade students considering both? i.e. Why would I want to spend 50-70k more and about 8-12 months more to achieve a MPH on top of becoming a PA?

Thank you all for your time

you can get an mph for an extra 20-25 if you do it postgrad at several places. if you can get it cheap along with the pa I would do that.

the MPH is a stand alone degree in public health that can be used by itself or along with the pa cert.

all govt jobs give more $ for folks with an mph and all overseas jobs are easier to get with the mph. doctors without borders for example likes pas to have the mph.

worth doing if you ever want to do something outside the norm.

I don't have an mph but am getting a DHSc for many of the same reasons folks pursue an mph.

look at some of my past posts on the topic ....

PM me if you want to discuss ....

An MPH at a private inst can be quite expensive.

What is the MPH focused on ? is it a general MPH or one focused on research methods, policy, epidemiology etc.. This could influence your future employment.

A general MPH or one focused on health policy/mgmt could position a PA to become a clinical or hospital administrator. Also could open doors for policy positions.

Other MPH degrees could set someone up for a career in academics.. mostly PA world academics as most public health or medical schools will require a doctoral degree.

If you have NO IDEA which career path or area of MPH study you wish to undertake I would suggest holding off. Wait until you have a job ... pay for your MPH without loans ... better yet have the hospital pay for the tuition.

the MPH is a stand alone degree in public health that can be used by itself or along with the pa cert.

all govt jobs give more $ for folks with an mph and all overseas jobs are easier to get with the mph. doctors without borders for example likes pas to have the mph.

when did dwb start accepting PAs?

Archived