Anesthesia tech.. Do I need to find a new job for better HCE?

Depends on what you do. I've seen anesthesia techs do nothing but change/ stock equipment, clean laryngoscope blades, check anesthesia machine after surgery and others actually doing patient care up to placing arterial lines and putting hard stick IVs on the floor with US (yes it shocked me too). Most I've seen I would not consider adequate as they usually just handle the equipment.

RN, RT, EMT are considered the top by most, but think ER tech, MA, CNA would be better than anesthesia tech in most situations. Not all, mind you. Depends on the job description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

WOW! wow.gif After I read this I did some research and called an Anesthesia Tech (NOT assistant mind you) program where I live and found out their tuition is $30K for one year for a freaken certificate. HOLY COW! what.gif Sanford Brown "can not guarantee that graduates will be eligible to work as anesthesia technicians in Texas (that is where I am) or any other state, at all or any specific time, regardless of their eligibility status upon enrollment." Their evening program consists of classes that typically meet four days a week for 65 weeks. Following this portion of the program, students complete three clinical rotations over the course of 24 weeks. Normal competition time is 89 weeks excluding vacation periods and holidays. Sanford Brown "College" are eligible for and encouraged to take the certification. http://www.sanfordbrown.edu/Areas-of-Study/allied-health-technicians-and-therapists/anesthesia-technology

I would say that it all depends on the programs you're applying to and what other experience you have. My last two years of work before getting accepted were in a pathology lab where I had literally zero patient contact, but I had a decent amount of patient contact before that and did a decent amount of shadowing. I wasn't in a position to take less pay or volunteer constantly in order to get specific experience. But it really depends on your school, because some put a much higher premium on patient contact hours.

Archived