New Grad EM Resources

Thank you. It's at a well known teaching hospital where i'll be working in all areas of the ED (from high acuity to lower acuity to fast track) as well as seeing pediatric patients. They will teach me how to intubate, do LPs, and central lines, which is definitely a great plus but will require a lot of studying on my part. I am a member of SEMPA but didn't know about the ACEP resource. Thank you!

Thank you. It's at a well known teaching hospital where i'll be working in all areas of the ED (from high acuity to lower acuity to fast track) as well as seeing pediatric patients. They will teach me how to intubate, do LPs, and central lines, which is definitely a great plus but will require a lot of studying on my part. I am a member of SEMPA but didn't know about the ACEP resource. Thank you!

what state is this in?

Roberts and Hedges for procedures is outstanding; it covers almost any procedure you'll do in the ED. I like Tintanelli's for a general EM reference book, but Rosen's is also good.

I'll second the votes for PEPID and WikEM; ERres is a good, cheap app, and Sonosite has a great free app that demonstrates most of the standard ED ultrasounds.

I find that I use these most: EMRA guide (Awesome, awesome, awesome... get the book, not the app), Tarascon (staple), and Pepid on the iphone. Pepid is pricey, but has a good drug guide, great patho/dz section and thorough resus/acute care/lab info. We use to have uptodate at work but I guess they upped their prices and we dropped it... sad panda face on that one. Welcome to EM!

Archived