What is a fair hourly wage for part time Pain Management?

I have been contacted by a local doc in a busy pain management office asking if I would be interested in doing some part time work. Here is a list of the services that they offer. There are no narcotics/methadone on site.

• [*=left]Dynamic diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasonography
    [*=left]Botox injections and intra-spinal baclofen for dystonia and spasticity
    [*=left]Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
    [*=left]Image-guided cervical, thoracic, and lumbar epidural steroid injections
    [*=left]Joint and hip injections
    [*=left]Medial branch blocks and radiofrequency neurotomy for facet pain
    [*=left]Therapeutic nerve blocks
    [*=left]Electrodiagnostic studies
    [*=left]Spinal cord stimulation

I think there is some value learning how to do effective joint injections that can parlay nicely into a ortho or family practice routine.

What is a fair hourly part time wage for a new grad?

Thanks for your input

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just interviewed for FT pain mgt, and they offered me 60k a year... my jaw almost hit the floor. 30ppd and expected to come in early stay late, I liked the MD and the clinic, but they were at least 45k lower then all the other places I had interviewed. I had been overseas for 2 years not working, and I understand I may not get top dollar. I was told it could go as high as 70k but they doubt it.

Currently I am negotiating a ortho first assist that is just over 103k a year, with money for call and % of the billed surgery. AND I have NO ortho experience.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I have been contacted by a local doc in a busy pain management office asking if I would be interested in doing some part time work. Here is a list of the services that they offer. There are no narcotics/methadone on site.

[*=left]Dynamic diagnostic musculoskeletal ultrasonography

[*=left]Botox injections and intra-spinal baclofen for dystonia and spasticity

[*=left]Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty

[*=left]Image-guided cervical, thoracic, and lumbar epidural steroid injections

[*=left]Joint and hip injections

[*=left]Medial branch blocks and radiofrequency neurotomy for facet pain

[*=left]Therapeutic nerve blocks

[*=left]Electrodiagnostic studies

[*=left]Spinal cord stimulation

I think there is some value learning how to do effective joint injections that can parlay nicely into a ortho or family practice routine.

What is a fair hourly part time wage for a new grad?

Thanks for your input

It all depends upon what city's what area are you going to work in. What are your qualifications? etc. etc. 

In an area like Manhattan, you would be paid higher but its because cost of living and travel in this area is very high. In other parts of the same city, salaries are not as high. However, only the best qualified people can operate here. In other parts of the city, the cost of living is not so high so the salaries are lower even for experienced PAs. 

You should take your own decision in a similar way. 

• 3 weeks later...

That place was a mistake, now im looking for work again. I don't think I would want to do pain management again

Yeah according to what you have told us, it was a real pain in the a r s e (no pun intended). ^5 BTW I am so glad you left that toxic dysfunctional place   RIP Steve SI7vfWu.gif

Archived