• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interviewed on January 16th. From what I gathered at this session:

There are 8 interview sessions, the last being January 30th.

Applicants are given a number of points from the admissions board based on their overall application: certain points for GPA, HCE, Letters of Rec, etc.

Then, after interviews, they are all given additional points from each interviewer.

They are interviewing around 320-340 applicants.

Following interviews, they offer admission to those that they deem as "must haves" and place everyone else on the wait list. The wait list is currently about 250-300 people. The points you are given in both admissions and interviews are calculated (to the decimal) and you are taken off the waiting list in that order.

They place pretty much everyone on the waitlist until interviews are over, unless you are one of the "must haves." So if you are interviewing late, you still have a chance of being accepted. Last year they offered 150 applicants a spot in the program, which then dwindled down to about 75 attending.

They said the chance of you being accepted if you were offered an interview is about 1 in 3.

Don't lose hope now! Last year, a student was offered admission two weeks before classes began.

Interviewed on January 16th. From what I gathered at this session:

There are 8 interview sessions, the last being January 30th.

Applicants are given a number of points from the admissions board based on their overall application: certain points for GPA, HCE, Letters of Rec, etc.

Then, after interviews, they are all given additional points from each interviewer.

They are interviewing around 320-340 applicants.

Following interviews, they offer admission to those that they deem as "must haves" and place everyone else on the wait list. The wait list is currently about 250-300 people. The points you are given in both admissions and interviews are calculated (to the decimal) and you are taken off the waiting list in that order.

They place pretty much everyone on the waitlist until interviews are over, unless you are one of the "must haves." So if you are interviewing late, you still have a chance of being accepted. Last year they offered 150 applicants a spot in the program, which then dwindled down to about 75 attending.

They said the chance of you being accepted if you were offered an interview is about 1 in 3.

Don't lose hope now! Last year, a student was offered admission two weeks before classes began.

Great information...thank you! Except the class size last year was 101. I remember because she made a reference to 101 Dalmatians. 

I just had my interview Thursday. It was the best interview I've ever had. They made it very stress free and relaxing. I'm really excited about this school, and impressed. I hope I get in. Good luck to everybody I met Thursday. Hope to see you at the start of school.

For those who interviewed on 01/30, do you guys have information about how many students have been accepted so far and have taken their seat? Just anxiously waiting to hopefully be pulled off the wait list so any information would be helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who interviewed on 01/30, do you guys have information about how many students have been accepted so far and have taken their seat? Just anxiously waiting to hopefully be pulled off the wait list so any information would be helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too!! I hope we hear something soon if that was the last interview date. Best of luck to you!

ikedamei I am looking in mission hill area which is right by MCPHS, I would like to live with another PA student as well as rent is pretty expensive. Back bay is another area you could look into, although it seems to be higher in rent and some parts are a little farther from the school. Most apartments will not have space for a car or they will charge you a fee to park. It's not exactly the best idea to have a car in Boston especially if you plan on living close to the school anyways. There is lots of traffic and you can probably get around easier by the T or other forms of public transportation. But if you plan on living outside of Boston like Allston or Cambridge you may consider a car, but again you might encounter a fee to park for the school. 

Archived