• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, 

I have been accepted and will be attending in September: very anxious to get going and to get to know everyone in the class.  I have been living in the Boston area for the past 4 years and may be able to help some of you who are unfamiliar with the area with some questions.  As far as commuting to campus by car, it is not feasable according to the MCPHS web site (there are no designated parking lots for students, only metered spots and parking garages in the area).  I'm going to look for places in the Mission Hill area as well, hopefully with another student or two to mitigate the cost as Boston is pricey.  You definitely want to be near the T (preferably green "E" line) for an easy commute....I will say the rental market down here has already picked up for september and you def. don't want to wait until summer to nail down a place or you won't have much of a choice as Northeastern and Wentworth are in the area and most students try to find a place early.

Again, look forward to meeting you all.

Hey, 

Even I am currently looking at places to leave besides mission hill thus anyone know if MCPHS has a housing website that will give list of places tht we can look around at.. I am from Ohio and It would definitely be nice to have someone rooming with thus can lower the burden of living cost in Boston! 

Students who are from boston area do u mind sharing any near by appt areas besides mission hill that can be looked at?? And thus anyone know when are they going to have the facebook page on??

I remember hearing one of the admisisons team members mention starting a facebook page, however, it would not hurt for us to start one too.  I think facebook will be a better means of communicating logistics and certainly a better way to get to know one another. To start a facebook group you need to add a person to the group (other than the creator) for facebook to acknowledge it as a group; so if anyone would like to friend me (Bryana Park) or give me a name so I can friend you,  I don't mind creating the page! I look forward to meeting all of you!

ikedamei, boston has a rediculous amount of realtors and yes most of them have fees.  I have found places on craigslist ( and you can find no fee or half fee places) but it takes more time as you have to sift through a ton of junk.  If you go with a realtor, at least you can zip around and see a few places in a day.....and never trust pictures of course without getting a real live look at the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Just asked to join the facebook group! Can't wait to meet all of you! 

Does anyone remember if they said when we would hear about the next steps (start date, books, orientation, immunizations, etc? ) other than fafsa? I submitted the fafsa to them and the deposit and haven't heard anything since Jan....

• 1 month later...

Archived