i agree with comany9 :)

awesome experience, everyone was super nice and welcoming, and the interviews were short and painless. They asked very general questions like tell me about yourself, why MCPHS, why Boston, why PA and a stress/conflict question, there were no questions on healthcare or anything like that (at least for me) and they provided lunch which is always a plus haha. If anyone wants more information or have anymore questions on the process feel free to message me. I know I was very nervous before I went in but honestly it is a very enjoyable day.

For the people who interviewed on 11/14, hello!! it was great meeting everyone and hopefully we get good news before Thanksgiving haha if anyone hears back early don't forget to post the great news!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys- just to give you all a heads up... I interviewed on 10/10 (the first slot) and finally contacted admissions a couple of weeks ago because I hadn't heard anything. She told me that they were waiting to send out decisions from even 10/10 until November interviews were done. She guessed around thanksgiving. Anyways my point is they haven't even sent out any decisions from 10/10 yet so don't be discouraged if you don't hear right away-- they seem to be running a little behind! Good luck all, and don't forget to post here when you hear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I received an interview date on October 23rd to interview for December 12th. I have been going back and forth on this pa program and another that is closer to home. When I visited, I loved the location, clinical affiliations, and length of the program. However, this program is very similar to the one I was accepted to, with the exception that there are a greater number of students, city setting, and high financial costs for attending. Therefore, I made my decision to cancel my interview. Good luck to those who are interviewing and those who are waiting for an interview - hopefully this will give another qualified candidate the opportunity to interview! :)

I received an interview date on October 23rd to interview for December 12th. I have been going back and forth on this pa program and another that is closer to home. When I visited, I loved the location, clinical affiliations, and length of the program. However, this program is very similar to the one I was accepted to, with the exception that there are a greater number of students, city setting, and high financial costs for attending. Therefore, I made my decision to cancel my interview. Good luck to those who are interviewing and those who are waiting for an interview - hopefully this will give another qualified candidate the opportunity to interview! :)

Congrats on the acceptance Ajen!!  I agree with you on pricing-- I think any 3 year program will be more expensive than a 2 year program for sure.  MCPHS was definitely the most expensive school I applied to.  I also applied to NYIT, which is also a 3 year program, and just as expensive.  However it really doesn't matter because the return on investment for any program is VERY GOOD.  If you are smart with your living style for a few years following graduation that is.  Lol.  

i agree with comany9 :)

awesome experience, everyone was super nice and welcoming, and the interviews were short and painless. They asked very general questions like tell me about yourself, why MCPHS, why Boston, why PA and a stress/conflict question, there were no questions on healthcare or anything like that (at least for me) and they provided lunch which is always a plus haha. If anyone wants more information or have anymore questions on the process feel free to message me. I know I was very nervous before I went in but honestly it is a very enjoyable day.

For the people who interviewed on 11/14, hello!! it was great meeting everyone and hopefully we get good news before Thanksgiving haha if anyone hears back early don't forget to post the great news!

Hey thank u adinajcho for the info :) Even though I have read ur and @comany9 feedbacks still I think I will be nervous until I am done with the interview on thursday but at same time I am excited to be at boston and look at the campus have heard good things about it so far :) 

Looks like they are pretty good at getting back on what the decision will be for us so atleast it wont be a long wait period!!! 

Looks like they are pretty good at getting back on what the decision will be for us so atleast it wont be a long wait period!!!

Whatttttt????? This has been the longest wait ever! Haha. Going on 7 weeks since the 10/10 interview and no one'a heard anything! Hopefully since that was the first interview things will start moving along a little faster for you guys. Good luck. Don't worry about the writing sample. It's really straight forward. You don't need to prepare. Just know how to write a decent sentence!

@patrobe13 and @israa … yeah I interviewed today!  I think it went really well, but I'm not too concerned, can't dwell on the past too much when its already over!  Just playing the waiting game now.  

I have to say this was the largest interview I attended-- 40 people in total.  It was from 9 am to about 3 pm.  The campus is amazing, and the students are very nice.  My only concern with the program is that it is a three year program-- also a very large class size.  

Just relax for the interview it was really easy to talk to the faculty members there, since there are so many students interviewing it might be hard to calm your nerves.  I felt like a lot of people were nervous today while I just went with the flow, so try to drown out the "noise".  I had 3 separate interviews that lasted about 10 minutes each.  Its just a conversation, they don't try to intimidate you or interrogate you, so just relax!  I would prepare a little, but just know why you want to be a PA and "tell us about yourself".  When I say "prepare" just be able to articulate it clearly and in an organized manner-- don't sound flustered since you only have 5-10 minutes per interview.  Maybe practice with a notecard and make important bullet points to mention, but keep it short!  No tricky questions, nothing about "what animal you would be", etc.  

As for the rest of the day, it was average.  We spent like 45 minutes just watching an "online" lecture on genetics-- which for me was a complete turn off since I am not there to watch a lecture.  I hope no one from admissions is seeing what I type on here… but its not like any of us are paying attention when we have an interview later that day lol. I think it just made people or antsy since you feel obligated to just stare at a screen with words on it.  I just hope this school isn't changing to more online based lectures cause I need human interaction!  I'd ask them about that, I forgot to.  

You get ample time with the students though who were really nice, and genuine.  However take it all with a grain of salt, no matter what school you go to everyone is trying to sell it to you, even the students.  Hope this helps guys, be proud of the interview opportunity and good luck!… I know its cliche but just be yourself, but prepare a little.  Don't worry too much cause its not something you ultimately have control over… make sure to smile too.  Just think of the free lunch you get hah.  

Hey @comany9 thank u so much for the info.. Sorry I couldnt reply back earlier was slammed with school research work lol.. Hmm I have not heard anything about their online based lectures from previous alumis of MCPHS but i guess well hear abt it on thursday!! Ur info is really helpful and would def looking forward for 21st interview.. Hope it goes well.. lol..

And good luck to u incase u have not yet heard back from them..  

Whatttttt????? This has been the longest wait ever! Haha. Going on 7 weeks since the 10/10 interview and no one'a heard anything! Hopefully since that was the first interview things will start moving along a little faster for you guys. Good luck. Don't worry about the writing sample. It's really straight forward. You don't need to prepare. Just know how to write a decent sentence!

Haha oops my bad lol.. Oh okay thank u for the info, ya even I think there is no way I could prepare myself for the essay ..

Hey everyone! 

I recently received an email for an interview at MCPHS! However, my interview isn’t until January 30th and they are based off a rolling admission. Is this going to affect me considering I have such a late interview date? I’m worried :(

Any feedback would be so helpful! Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone! 

I recently received an email for an interview at MCPHS! However, my interview isn’t until January 30th and they are based off a rolling admission. Is this going to affect me considering I have such a late interview date? I’m worried :(

Any feedback would be so helpful! Thanks everyone!

Hey, so it is true for schools with rolling admissions that the later you apply and interview, the less spots are available.. they stress this on the CASPA website.. I always interview anyway, unless you have another school that has already accepted you that you would want to attend instead. MCP said they are handing out their first rounds of acceptances before Thanksgiving... this could mean all spots or half or just 10, who knows... depends on how the interviews went. Whenever I am offered an interview, they typically give me dates to choose from, so I called MCP and asked when their first round of decisions are made and that is why I chose to interview before this (I was in the last round of interviews and could have interviewed in October, but chose to wait since another program made their decisions after the October interview date and I wanted the best chance possible to get into each program). Interviewing in January is late for most programs, but many students will decline their invite and open up some more seats... so I would take the interview (just my opinion)!

Hey, so it is true for schools with rolling admissions that the later you apply and interview, the less spots are available.. they stress this on the CASPA website.. I always interview anyway, unless you have another school that has already accepted you that you would want to attend instead. MCP said they are handing out their first rounds of acceptances before Thanksgiving... this could mean all spots or half or just 10, who knows... depends on how the interviews went. Whenever I am offered an interview, they typically give me dates to choose from, so I called MCP and asked when their first round of decisions are made and that is why I chose to interview before this (I was in the last round of interviews and could have interviewed in October, but chose to wait since another program made their decisions after the October interview date and I wanted the best chance possible to get into each program). Interviewing in January is late for most programs, but many students will decline their invite and open up some more seats... so I would take the interview (just my opinion)!

Hey! Did MCP tell you personally that they were sending out first acceptances before thanksgiving? Just wondering! Thanks!!

Do you know how many rounds of acceptance they are doing? I heard that the first round of acceptance from the interviews that took/will take place October-November will find out before thanksgiving (like you said). Then the people who interview December-Feb will find out early March.  Does that mean the people who interview December-February will have an equal opportunity? 

Thank you for your advice, I greatly appreciate it!

Hey! Did MCP tell you personally that they were sending out first acceptances before thanksgiving? Just wondering! Thanks!!

yep, I called and asked before I scheduled my interview and they said after the November 14 interview date they would make their first round of decisions. When I went for my interview, I asked when I should expect to hear and they said before Thanksgiving

Do you know how many rounds of acceptance they are doing? I heard that the first round of acceptance from the interviews that took/will take place October-November will find out before thanksgiving (like you said). Then the people who interview December-Feb will find out early March.  Does that mean the people who interview December-February will have an equal opportunity? 

As far as how many "rounds" of acceptances, I have no idea. It varies... I assume they will do as many as they need to until they fill their class. You could call and ask them..

And I wouldn't say you have the same chance... I am assuming they will offer some spots to those who interviewed Oct-Nov... so that makes less seats available for the next round.. But people could decline and open up more seats.. it all depends on how the school liked those in the first round of interviews and if those students liked the program just as much.

how many students do they accept a year?

They are taking 100 students for the next class.

I interviewed 11/21 and they stated my group would also have their decisions sent out by Thanksgiving. They send all correspondence after the interview via regular mail. Hopefully I will know something soon!

They are taking 100 students for the next class.

I interviewed 11/21 and they stated my group would also have their decisions sent out by Thanksgiving. They send all correspondence after the interview via regular mail. Hopefully I will know something soon!

Wow! How many are they interviewing?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived