Midwestern University IL - Entering Class for 2014

Thanks Ceschlorff, and Congrats on the interview!!! It is scary waiting and not hearing anything... I submitted early July and recieved my notice from MWU that they had received my application July 16. And I've sent two updates since. Does anyone know if the updates help at all or if they even regard them? One was about me recently accepting a full time EKG tech job working with patients, so I was hoping that would help since it's patient contact.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a lot Ceschlorff! Any optimism and advice helps :). Snoofle, I sent it to the general admissions email, admissil@midwestern.edu, and made sure in my heading to address it to Physician Assistant Program. Once I sent it, I received an email saying that my email had been added to my application. Ceschlorff, please let me know if you sent your updates to a different email. Goodluck everyone, keep your fingers crossed! And congrats to those of you that received interviews and acceptances!

If you interview please send some information about what the day was like and how the interview process went as well as the essay portion. Thanks :)

Thanks a lot Ceschlorff! Any optimism and advice helps :). Snoofle, I sent it to the general admissions email, admissil@midwestern.edu, and made sure in my heading to address it to Physician Assistant Program. Once I sent it, I received an email saying that my email had been added to my application. Ceschlorff, please let me know if you sent your updates to a different email. Goodluck everyone, keep your fingers crossed! And congrats to those of you that received interviews and acceptances!

If you interview please send some information about what the day was like and how the interview process went as well as the essay portion. Thanks :)

No I sent my stuff to the same e-mail address that you did :-)

I submitted my CASPA mid/late August and my documents were received August 27th. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how many students have been accepted so far? Do you know how many more interview sessions they will be having and/or if they are still sending invites for interviews? I am hoping they will continue sending invites through November and December. If anyone who has been admitted wouldn't mind sharing their STATS? You can email me at wo2@comcast.net

Hi guys!

For those of you asking about hearing back about interviews: My application was received 9/24 and I was invited for an interview on 10/16

My interview is Friday- Does anyone have any tips and could you give a little more information about the process?? Thanks!!!

hi lacrosk824,

the interview day is very relaxed and informative- don't sweat it! the interview itself is right before lunch and it is a group interview. don't worry no one fights to answer questions and everyone gets a chance to speak. there aren't any bizarre questions and the staff seems very supportive, warm, and friendly! i'm sure everything will go great for you! good luck!

Congrats all on acceptances so far!

I need gre advice

My first time I got q: 146 v: 154 a: 4.5

Today I got q: 149 v:152. A: still being graded

Gre is obviously not my high point. If you were me, would you submit this new score? It increases my overall by 1 pt, math 3 pts but verbal went down 2pts! Should I wait to see what my analytical writing is? Maybe submit only if it's the same or increased? I'm not sure if this will help or hurt my overall app. Any advice would be great, thank you :)

shnooks952,

resubmit if you want, but I got 148 V, 152 Quant, and a 4 writing grade--and I am a PA student here!! I have never heard anything about the GRE being a huge deciding factor--obviously gpa and experience is important but they really look at the WHOLE package. I interviewed at 5 programs, and never heard anything negative about my score. Relax, no worries!! =D

I was at the 11/1 interview day and within less than 2 weeks had received a letter putting me on the alternate list. Anyone else in my shoes? I'm a little perplexed at the speediness of being put on the alternate list when we were told it could be 6-8 weeks until we heard anything, when I'm pretty sure there's still an interview day left to go. Any input is appreciated, good or bad!

Anyone know when they've usually filled all the open slots, and are basically only interviewing for the alternate list?

I interviewed 11/8 and have not heard anything yet. I think they have accepted people from the 11/1 interview date so I assume they still have some spots open. 

Archived