Midwestern University IL - Entering Class for 2014

Hey All!

I started this forum for those looking to enter Midwestern University - Downers Grove, IL starting next summer 2014. I wanted to begin this forum so that all of us interested in this PA Program can come together to talk about EVERYTHING & ANYTHING! Applications, application process, interviews, interview tips, stats, support, application decisions, to celebrate getting an interview or an admission, you name it! :)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! Nope not yet... but I only applied recently! And I recieved my confirmation that they had received everything for my application on July 17th. I applied last year as well, but due to not having a pre req finished soon enough, I was rejected :(. So my fingers are crossed this year! But I remember on last years forum that someone mentioned they received a rejection letter two weeks after applying... perhaps no news is good news. I'm not expecting to hear anything til hopefully around October. One girl I know who applied 2 years ago applied in July, and received an interview October.

Applied and my application was received on July 24th. I also applied last year but was rejected a month before classes started for the 2013 cycle in June. It was hard waiting but I've learned not to keep my hopes up too high. It's better to just sit back and relax. Good luck shnooks952 and everyone else! Hopefully we can be future classmates. :)

Yeah... that's what makes me nervous is that we may not hear until february! Im also thinking of applying to the branch out in az, as well as thinking of taking the gre one more time in the next few weeks. Although, what I like about mwu in il is that they look at your whole app and not just at certain parts. Good luck to you too smansoor34! :)

Actually, Midwestern's pretty quick...I submitted my app last year by the end of June, and I got an interview invite mid-August for an interview on Sept. 14th (that was the first round of interviews, I think), and they told me I got in by Oct. 1st. I'm not going there, but if you want some insight on interviews/stats/etc., feel free to PM me.

Yeah?? It's great to hear other's viewpoints on their experience with applying! I've heard both, that they can be quick, like you've mentioned, but other times it takes then awhile. Do you have any recommendations for the gre? Im way above the 50% mark in verbal and the essay section, its the quantitative area that I didn't do so well in. It was my first section and I freaked a bit... would u recommend taking the gre again in the next few weeks?

Yeah?? It's great to hear other's viewpoints on their experience with applying! I've heard both, that they can be quick, like you've mentioned, but other times it takes then awhile. Do you have any recommendations for the gre? Im way above the 50% mark in verbal and the essay section, its the quantitative area that I didn't do so well in. It was my first section and I freaked a bit... would u recommend taking the gre again in the next few weeks?

Midwestern is HUGE about GRE. if you want to stand a chance, absolutely retake!

• 2 weeks later...

@chiamaka Thanks. I bought 2 books (Barrons & Princeton Review) and looked through those. I felt pretty good about math so I just reviewed some concepts like geometry that I had trouble with when I took a practice test. For verbal, I bought 500 vocab flashcards (Kaplan) and memorized those. I also made flashcards for some vocab words I didn't know on practice tests. I took all the practice tests in the books and also took the 2 on the GRE website. Good luck!

Archived