How many feel like this?

Has anyone ever met Press or Ganey?

Have they been lynched or tarred and feathered?

Probably living on an island with wealth from selling their POS scoring system........................................

That was my outside voice - always.....................

I actually had either Press or Ganey as my college professor for a sociology course - I forget which one, so that tells you how memorable they were. (Little did I know they influence they would have on me years later.)

About a decade ago one of them - again, I forget which - came to lecture here at Seton Hall. I think I was the only clinician in an administrator audience. During the Q&A I asked him how he felt about his survey instrument being used as a club against clinicians, and also whether his instrument tended to self-select insane respondents with nothing better to do.

As to them living on a tropical paradise, not quite. Last I knew they were in South Bend, Indiana where the sun shines 5 days a year.

About a decade ago one of them - again, I forget which - came to lecture here at Seton Hall. I think I was the only clinician in an administrator audience. During the Q&A I asked him how he felt about his survey instrument being used as a club against clinicians, and also whether his instrument tended to self-select insane respondents with nothing better to do.

Do you remember the answer given to your question?

Do you remember the answer given to your question?

Following some uncomfortable silence, it was noted:

1. "The instrument was never intended to be used as a stick against clinicians." If I recall correctly, he stated that this fact was noted in the interpretive guidelines.

2. As to self-selecting crazies he did cited some statistical reason why this could never be so. (Lies, damn lies and statistics.)

Admit it - we are all just jealous we didn't think of it first...

Archived