Anyone apply late Aug - mid Sept? Was it too late?

Hi all, I have a question for you fellow applicants that mostly applied late august - mid september. I submitted most of my supplementals during that time period, and expected to have more interviews lined up by now. I know there is still time, but I wish I had heard back from more schools by this point.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks for your feedback!

I'm feeling the same exact way. I applied in late August. And haven't heard anything back except for 2 rejections. I'm stressing out a bit.

I'm already thinking about pretty much applying right when it opens next year. I might add MPH application too just in case it doesn't work out again. I need to get things moving

Don't worry. I'm sure there are many more of us on the same boat.

Programs start at different times and interview at different times as well. Some schools have rolling admissions and some don't. Some do early interviews for stellar applicants and then follow up with a second round of interviews for others later on. And some say "early fall" because that was their plan until somehow things got delayed.

You are like a farmer now; you planted the crop and now are waiting to see what comes up. Try not to stress too much. Having a plan B if things don't work out is fine, but stressing at this point won't change anything.

Good luck!

Some programs don't even start interviewing until November so you never know! Also I've met applicants that were invited to interviews the day before the interview was scheduled.

There are some programs that don't have deadlines until January and March if you research those maybe those could be an option for you if you are really worried.

I was in the same boat. I planned to apply in June but had a hard time getting one of my people to do the recommendation letter. I finally applied in mid August to 6 programs. I received one interview and haven't even heard from the others. Most programs have a rolling admission so the people who apply in April/may definitely have a heads up over us. I wouldn't say it's necessarily to late but if you're not accepted anywhere then next year I would definitely try to have everything completed asap! Good luck!

I agree with what was said above. When I applied in 2010 my caspa wasn't sent out until mid September. Knowing that I applied late, I applied to schools that had their deadlines in December and even January. Yes there were few schools I didn't get into because I submitted late, but I was lucky to get into the school of my choice. My grades and my interview were strong enough to land me a spot. If by chance you don't get in this cycle, apply early for the upcoming cycle. As soon as the cycle opens have everything ready, that means have your reccs, transcripts, and revised personal statement at hand. Best of luck. 

My experience went like this: Last cycle my caspa was complete the first week of September and I was panned by all the programs I applied to. This year caspa was done by early July, and I'm accepted to my top choice program, having interviewed at 5 schools, while turning down two additional interviews. I will say that my added HCE hours and improved LORs helped, but I really feel that applying early and broadly helped big time.

Archived