C in Physics

I just received my grades for this last semester of undergrad and I received a C in physics. My other grades were an A- in Genetics and an A in wildlife ecology. All of my other pre-req biology related grades are all really good. (B+ in Physio, A in Physio Lab, B in Anatomy, A- in Anatomy Lab, A- in Genetics, B+ in Human Reproduction, A- in General Chemistry, A/B+ in Calc 1&2). Physics just does not make sense to me and I have a lot of trouble with it. Should I look into retaking it somewhere else? Or just let it be because the rest of my grades (and the ones that are actual pre-reqs) are great? Thank you!

With your other grades being what they are and assuming that your overall GPA is good I wouldn't retake it especially if it isn't a pre-req. You might be better served to shadow or get HCE hours (if you need those) vs retaking it. If your overall GPA is low I might consider it. I had a "C" in a class and thought it might come up in the interview but it never did. With that said, be prepared to talk about it in case it does. That's just my take on it, I'm sure others will jump in and provide their thoughts too!

A C in one of your bio requirements might be another deal, but I would just soldier on and not freak out. When you get farther on and are still concerned with your GPA, it might be better to take an extra class and excel rather than repeat a physics class.

Good luck and stay cool.

Thank you everyone for your input! Official grades came out today and I actually ended up with a B- in the course! Still not great, but better than expected and hopefully won't hurt me given all my other strong grades. Thank you!

Archived