Anyone know of a good but basic primer on interpreting EKGs?

Like the title says, I am looking for a basic primer on EKGs...I am a brand new PA in a family practice in NY and don't want to be asking the docs constantly to look over the EKG. My PA School taught us the basics for one week, and that was in the first semester. I knew I needed more in this subject but with all that I needed to study, I put EKGs on the back burner. Lucky for me, my PANCE hardly had any EKGs!!! I am looking for a good, solid reference book. I am not afraid to study and really want to get good at this. I had Dubin's book, it did almost nothing for me. Any suggestions?

Like the title says, I am looking for a basic primer on EKGs...I am a brand new PA in a family practice in NY and don't want to be asking the docs constantly to look over the EKG. My PA School taught us the basics for one week, and that was in the first semester. I knew I needed more in this subject but with all that I needed to study, I put EKGs on the back burner. Lucky for me, my PANCE hardly had any EKGs!!! I am looking for a good, solid reference book. I am not afraid to study and really want to get good at this. I had Dubin's book, it did almost nothing for me. Any suggestions?

As e says: dublins.

Marriott'is okay

But the bomb for me, which held my hand and made me really understand EKGs to the point I rarely have to ask about them was Ken Grauer's "practical guide to EKG interpretation" . Is the bomb, and not too expensive .

There are EKG boot camps and refreshers. I am going to one in July at UC Davis....look online there are a bunch of CME courses that might be in your area or near you. You might as well get started on that 100 hrs CME u need to maintain your license and make it count.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Buy the HIPPO PANRE/PANCE review and Mattu covers the EKG material in it, plus there's an extra CME part for EKG's alone (didn't look at it before taking my exam this week, and still haven't for that matter). While the program was $495, it does provide more Cat I CME than most, it's a good overall review on just about any topic you can imagine, and did I mention that it knocks out your CME Cat I requirement?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RetiredKe$haFan
I had Dubin's book, it did almost nothing for me. Any suggestions?

If Dale Dubin's book did almost nothing for you, I suggest you retire as a PA.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived