LOR request help!

Hello all,

I just want to know if anyone on here have seen what the LOR paper sheet or application look like? The one that gets send out to the individual writing the LOR. I just want to be prepared as to what they will ask them so I can give them a heads up. and also....I plan on emailing the individuals for my LOR, how should I word the e-mail? Should I send them a copy of my personal statement or my resume or just a paragraph or two talking about me. These might seem like easy question but I am a really awkward and shy person so it takes a lot for me to ask people for anything so that is why am nervous about asking for my LOR's.

Please and thank you to all who can help

***SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE****

Hello all,

I just want to know if anyone on here have seen what the LOR paper sheet or application look like? The one that gets send out to the individual writing the LOR. I just want to be prepared as to what they will ask them so I can give them a heads up. and also....I plan on emailing the individuals for my LOR, how should I word the e-mail? Should I send them a copy of my personal statement or my resume or just a paragraph or two talking about me. These might seem like easy question but I am a really awkward and shy person so it takes a lot for me to ask people for anything so that is why am nervous about asking for my LOR's.

Hello all,

Hello all,

I can't answer your question about what the actual form looks like, but I sent my LOR writers two emails. One asking them if they would be willing to write me a letter, and one with instructions and a bullet-pointed list of things about me to reference when they wrote the letter. I chose not to do a copy of my resume or paragraphs about myself, because the bullet points seemed the cleanest and most efficient way to portray what I wanted them to remember. I included things like some of my favorite/best volunteer work, my extensive clinical experience, my current estimated GPA, and what my "career goal" for being a PA was.

In the initial email, I stressed what an important and vital role they were playing in my PA school application, and made it clear how grateful I was for their time and energy on completing the letters in a timely manner.

I also sent each of them a small gift when they were done writing with a nice note. :)

Hope that helps!

I can't answer your question about what the actual form looks like, but I sent my LOR writers two emails. One asking them if they would be willing to write me a letter, and one with instructions and a bullet-pointed list of things about me to reference when they wrote the letter. I chose not to do a copy of my resume or paragraphs about myself, because the bullet points seemed the cleanest and most efficient way to portray what I wanted them to remember. I included things like some of my favorite/best volunteer work, my extensive clinical experience, my current estimated GPA, and what my "career goal" for being a PA was.

In the initial email, I stressed what an important and vital role they were playing in my PA school application, and made it clear how grateful I was for their time and energy on completing the letters in a timely manner.

I also sent each of them a small gift when they were done writing with a nice note. :)

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

i would offer to write the LOR for them (one of the best things you could do for yourself AND them)! if they prefer to write it i would email a copy of your personal statement, resume, and transcript. but if you want things done fast and don't want to have to worry about them writing a mediocre LOR or them taking too long to submit it i would write all of your LOR's yourself. i am writing 2 of mine and i am ofcourse making sure that they are great!

i would offer to write the LOR for them (one of the best things you could do for yourself AND them)! if they prefer to write it i would email a copy of your personal statement, resume, and transcript. but if you want things done fast and don't want to have to worry about them writing a mediocre LOR or them taking too long to submit it i would write all of your LOR's yourself. i am writing 2 of mine and i am ofcourse making sure that they are great!

and one with instructions and a bullet-pointed list of things about me to reference when they wrote the letter. I chose not to do a copy of my resume or paragraphs about myself, because the bullet points seemed the cleanest and most efficient way to portray what I wanted them to remember. I included things like some of my favorite/best volunteer work, my extensive clinical experience, my current estimated GPA, and what my "career goal" for being a PA was.

Hope that helps!

I am not sure about the gift but the bullet point seem like a great idea! I can just make it clear cut with no confusion. Thank you!

and one with instructions and a bullet-pointed list of things about me to reference when they wrote the letter. I chose not to do a copy of my resume or paragraphs about myself, because the bullet points seemed the cleanest and most efficient way to portray what I wanted them to remember. I included things like some of my favorite/best volunteer work, my extensive clinical experience, my current estimated GPA, and what my "career goal" for being a PA was.

Hope that helps!

I am not sure about the gift but the bullet point seem like a great idea! I can just make it clear cut with no confusion. Thank you!

Hope that helps!

Hope that helps!

I feel like if I offer to write it for them I would be questioning their intelligence or something. I don't want anyone to feel threatened by that.

I feel like if I offer to write it for them I would be questioning their intelligence or something. I don't want anyone to feel threatened by that.

Hello all,

I have seen how the CASPA forms look like, as after my references sent out their LOR, they also printed a copy for me.

It is one sheet of paper, that has a space for the narrative (recommendation that is), plus 10-12 points where you references have to rank you in reliabilty, professionalism, care, maturity... and blah blah blah.

I hope this helps.

Hello all,

I have seen how the CASPA forms look like, as after my references sent out their LOR, they also printed a copy for me.

It is one sheet of paper, that has a space for the narrative (recommendation that is), plus 10-12 points where you references have to rank you in reliabilty, professionalism, care, maturity... and blah blah blah.

I hope this helps.

Hello all,

I hope this helps.

Hello all,

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

Yes! That really helps. thank you!

Archived