Pre-Reqs taken at Community or Technical College

Does anyone have insight as to how PA or even allopathic programs regard pre-reqs taken at junior/technical colleges? I already have a BA. Ive been told by the tech school to ask an institution beforehand if they'll transfer, but at this point I dont have ANY instituions in mind. I don't think I can even be at the point to whittle progras down to only take courses for particular subset of schools, which is why I intended to take the fundamentals - chemistry, biology, anatomy, etc. My road in front is long and steep and I cannot be selctive right now. The tech school i'm planning to attend is accredited if this matters

I think I know the answers Im going to receive: Check with the PA programs to see if they transfer.

Youtr insights are appreciated. Or if there are other thread addressing this please let me know

Thanks

do an advanced search for threads with "community college" and search titles only. Basically the answer is that many schools do not care about community college vs 4 year for prerequisites, some prefer 4 year but accept community college, and others do not accept community college. Taking classes at a community college will still leave you with many schools you can apply to, but it will also probably knock out a few as well.

I don't know how PA programs generally are, but most schools appreciate having students who transfer from community colleges because most community college students are working and going to school. Schools love that they aren't freshman and that they've shown they're capable of handling a job and school together.

Man, Im feeling better about this now. I just got off an MD/DO board saying dont bother if you are not at 4-year school (though many say these schools will take JC credits too). I already have a a BA which means I cannot get aid to do another Bachelor's. I am a professional working 50 hours a week, which means night courses and anything elese I can fanagle --paying as I go. I cant do it at the University where I live.

don't listen to MD\DO students and premeds. Med schools don't take CC classes and therefore they think no other areas of medicine will accept them either. I took some prereqs at CC and some at uni. No one even asked. All I got was "you have such wonderful grades!"

Archived